Two questions

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jim_Baur
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jim_Baur

Guest
In St. Mark’s Gospel we are told about washing of hands and so forth. Were these traditions of the Jews actually in the O. T.?

Also, concerning genealogies in the Bible, how many do not match up?

I am not concerning about the disagreements, but about how many do not match?

Thanks!
 
In St. Mark’s Gospel we are told about washing of hands and so forth. Were these traditions of the Jews actually in the O. T.?

Also, concerning genealogies in the Bible, how many do not match up?

I am not concerning about the disagreements, but about how many do not match?

Thanks!
Hi, Jim.

Of course, the ritual washing of hands before the consecration is a required act by a priest in accordance with the GIRM. This EWTN article link also notes the general time when this tradition took hold in Christianity.

Wikipedia appears to have an appropriately sourced article on the history of ritual washing in Judaic history. Here’s the section on ritual washing before a priestly blessing, as defined by Exodus 30:19, where the Lord made it a requirement–on penalty of death.

Hopefully others can help with the matter of genealogies. I have no information available.
 
I too cannot speak to the geneologies, but as for washing,
I found** this **on “Studylight”. It gives 45 references to the term “Wash” in the books of law.

If you’d like to look further the search engine is pretty good.

Peace
James
 
Thanks for the help

JRKH, I bookmarked that site.

Thanks!
Yup - I use it quite a bit when trying to llik things up.
The only thing I don’t like about it is I don’t thing they have a bible there containing the Deutero’s 🤷 but overall it’t the best bible search site I’ve found.

Peace
James
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top