U.K. "‘Let us disobey’: "Churches defy lockdown with secret meetings Gathering in barns, cafes and bookshops, worshippers are flocking to illegal serv

• Thread starter Thread starter IanM
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Christians have had to meet underground before. This is nothing new. I think sometimes people forget the concept of “lockdown.” It is, and always has been, an unsustainable solution. It always should have been seen only as a temporary solution. Reading what these Churches are doing, they are brash and arrests needed to be made, sure. However, I think the U.K. would have been better served by setting guidelines for safer gathering rather than outlawing all worship indefinitely. Then, at least. these things, like crowding into cafes and houses would not have happened.

So, I actually have a solution. The Catholic Church here has shared buildings in time of need. They could be asked to set up a safe protocol for Mass, then allow the building to be shared, as could all large Churches, for Bible studies led by others. Additionally, other large venues could do the same.

It is a matter of faith for many that worship is essential. Accommodation is preferable to a ban.

That is good. That is how they should be, and such laws should be respected. Worship is essential. Taking refuge for a time though is prudence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back