U.S. Ambassador in Syria Called Home for Consultation

• Thread starter Thread starter gilliam
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gilliam

U.S. Ambassador in Syria Called Home for Consultation

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Bush plans to call home the U.S. ambassador in Syria, Margaret Scobey, for consultations following the killing of former Lebanese Prime Minister Rafik al-Hariri in Beirut, U.S. officials said on Tuesday.

The move was a further sign of U.S. displeasure over Syria’s military presence in Lebanon, which the White House cited on Monday in condemning the assassination of Hariri.

The White House said it was consulting with the U.N. Security Council about taking punitive measures against those responsible for the killing in Beirut.

“We are constantly reviewing all our diplomatic options across the board, including further sanctions under the Syria Accountability Act,” a senior administration official said.

Last week the State Department called in Syria’s ambassador and warned him Damascus must stop insurgents from crossing into Iraq and end support for Palestinian militants or risk fresh U.S. sanctions.

Stop! or we’ll say stop again!
40.png
gilliam:
Last week the State Department called in Syria’s ambassador and warned him Damascus must stop insurgents from crossing into Iraq and end support for Palestinian militants or risk fresh U.S. sanctions.

40.png
gilliam:
Your forgetting we have Bush in office now.
I agree, but if he even THINKS about a military option, the world community will do more than complain about it in the UN. You can bet that France will lead the pack to put UN sanctions against us, regardless of how morally bancrupt and corrupt the Syrian government is.

40.png
Scott_Lafrance:
I agree, but if he even THINKS about a military option, the world community will do more than complain about it in the UN. You can bet that France will lead the pack to put UN sanctions against us, regardless of how morally bancrupt and corrupt the Syrian government is.
UN sanctions agains the US?

:rotfl: :rotfl:

I would love it, give us a good reason to kick their corrupt fannies out of New York. That’s prime real estate man, why give it up to a bunch of world-class criminals?
40.png
Brad:
UN sanctions agains the US?

:rotfl: :rotfl:

I also would love to see UN sanctions against us. It would give us a good reason to kick them out of New York and get out of that corrupt organization. My son-in-law, who is Lebanese, has talke to his father in Lebanon. His father says everyone there knows it was backed by the Syrians, they are praying that this will give the US the impetus to force the Syrians to leave.

This is a huge ocuppation but for liberals this isn´t important, we want a free lebanon and a free western Sahara from Syria and Morocco, greetings

40.png
Franze:
This is a huge ocuppation but for liberals this isn´t important, we want a free lebanon and a free western Sahara from Syria and Morocco, greetings
This may very well be where France and the US find common ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back