UC Prof: Treasonous

• Thread starter Thread starter gilliam
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gilliam

Top state and University of Colorado officials say more radical comments by professor Ward Churchill calling for the United States to be put “out of existence” and saying that more “9/11’s are necessary” should be included in a review of whether to fire the professor.

Churchill, who is under fire for comparing World Trade Center victims to a top Nazi, made the comments in April in Satya magazine, a Brooklyn-based monthly publication that promotes animal rights and social justice.

University officials said they are gathering all of Churchill’s writings, interviews and statements to determine whether he violated his terms of employment.

Regent Michael Carrigan said the interview should be included in the review.

“These additional statements concern me, and I condemn anyone who thinks violence is productive,” Carrigan said. “I hope that chancellor (Phil) DiStefano includes these statements in his investigation.”

CU-Boulder spokeswoman Pauline Hale said the school soon will determine which materials will be included in the review and set the standards that will be used to judge whether Churchill should be disciplined.

The Satya comments have prompted Gov. Bill Owens to renew calls for Churchill’s dismissal.

“It’s amazing that the more we look at Ward Churchill, the more outrageous, treasonous statements we hear from Churchill,” Owens said. “Churchill has clearly called for violence against the state, and no country is required to subsidize its own destruction. That’s what we’re doing with Ward Churchill.”

In the question-and-answer interview, Churchill is asked what should happen to America. “I want the state gone: Transform the situation to U.S. out of North America. U.S. off the planet. Out of existence altogether.” Another question: What are the solutions to U.S. misdeeds? Churchill answers in the interview: “One of the things I’ve suggested is that it may be that more 9/11’s are necessary.”

(Excerpt) Read more at denverpost.com

How in the world did this guy land this job? I think there are plenty of qualified people out there looking for posts in academia. He only has a masters’ degree, and he sounds insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back