P
praise_Jesus_1
Guest
Somebody I know thinks that it is okay to engage in various sexual activities but omitting intercourse after they have become pregnant. The argument goes along the lines that if a couple was open to life in all of their prior intimate moments then now that they are pregnant, the procreative nature of their sexual activites won’t make any difference, they can’t get pregnant again, and they’ve shown that they are open to life. In addition, if intercourse is extremely painful at this time they’ve argued that other sexual activities can be done instead and intercourse can be omitted.
I’m under the impression that we are not to distort the marriage act for any reason. And that unitive and procreative intercourse should always be a part of it. I think I’ve seen a similar post on “contraception while pregnant” and I think this would be similar. If anyone could post some really positive and truthful arguments that would be great. I’d really like to be able to explain why God has made things so.
Thanks!
I’m under the impression that we are not to distort the marriage act for any reason. And that unitive and procreative intercourse should always be a part of it. I think I’ve seen a similar post on “contraception while pregnant” and I think this would be similar. If anyone could post some really positive and truthful arguments that would be great. I’d really like to be able to explain why God has made things so.
Thanks!