5
57classic
Guest
I need some advise on how to handle this please.
We didn’t have school Friday and a group of 4-Her’s had decided they wanted to tour our state university for career possibilities. I was one of the sponsors. Of the 12 people who went on the tour 8 were kids, 5 of them Catholic, 2 of them over 14; of the 4 adults 2 are Catholic, one more has left the church for her husband and one is Protestant.
One of the Catholic mothers not going on the trip had asked me to remind the kids that some of their group would not eating meat and to please remember and not leave them out when making their resturant selections.
In an elevator going to the food court I started to remind my group with the other Catholic mother present, that some of them couldn’t have meat and that was as far as I got when the other mother interupted and informed her daughter that she could eat anything she wanted. I pointed out that her daughter was only 13 and immediately one of the others said her mother didn’t care either. The mother with the trip is a lifelong Catholic, the other one who “didn’t care” is a convert if that makes a difference in your understanding of the situation. Those 2 girls ran out of the elevator to a foodstand that had little meatless to offer and my daughter said she couldn’t eat there but they said they could and went on. My daughter’s cousin who is 13 went with her to get a cheese pizza. The extension agent, who is the fallen away Catholic, had to pick her jaw up off the floor and said to me she wasn’t aware that Mrs. ____ was above the Pope and the Magisturim.
I found out later that this mother, in who’s car my daughter rode to the event, had shared with the girls that in her opinion, meat was a delicacy at the time of Christ, no many had access to meat so when they had to give it up, it was truely a sacrifice. She feels that now good fish, being expensive and harder to get is more of a sacrifice so she thinks its ok to eat meat on Friday.
This woman is a CCD teacher, of the lower grades. Should I tell the religious ed director about this conversation or what?
Thanks for your (name removed by moderator)ut.
57classic
We didn’t have school Friday and a group of 4-Her’s had decided they wanted to tour our state university for career possibilities. I was one of the sponsors. Of the 12 people who went on the tour 8 were kids, 5 of them Catholic, 2 of them over 14; of the 4 adults 2 are Catholic, one more has left the church for her husband and one is Protestant.
One of the Catholic mothers not going on the trip had asked me to remind the kids that some of their group would not eating meat and to please remember and not leave them out when making their resturant selections.
In an elevator going to the food court I started to remind my group with the other Catholic mother present, that some of them couldn’t have meat and that was as far as I got when the other mother interupted and informed her daughter that she could eat anything she wanted. I pointed out that her daughter was only 13 and immediately one of the others said her mother didn’t care either. The mother with the trip is a lifelong Catholic, the other one who “didn’t care” is a convert if that makes a difference in your understanding of the situation. Those 2 girls ran out of the elevator to a foodstand that had little meatless to offer and my daughter said she couldn’t eat there but they said they could and went on. My daughter’s cousin who is 13 went with her to get a cheese pizza. The extension agent, who is the fallen away Catholic, had to pick her jaw up off the floor and said to me she wasn’t aware that Mrs. ____ was above the Pope and the Magisturim.
I found out later that this mother, in who’s car my daughter rode to the event, had shared with the girls that in her opinion, meat was a delicacy at the time of Christ, no many had access to meat so when they had to give it up, it was truely a sacrifice. She feels that now good fish, being expensive and harder to get is more of a sacrifice so she thinks its ok to eat meat on Friday.
This woman is a CCD teacher, of the lower grades. Should I tell the religious ed director about this conversation or what?
Thanks for your (name removed by moderator)ut.
57classic