P
PennyinCanada
Guest
Boy, I would love to describe what I see as unfair by people who are totally secular!
What I saw in the working world of secular people. Married, the woman is expected to be on artificial contraception, (and long before she’s married) with all the health problems and risks associated with them. They must be available (now these are not my words but theirs) ‘whenever and how often’ her husband wishes because he wouldn’t even think of a bit of abstinence, because, after all, he’s married and his wife won’t get pregnant. (Why ladies volunteer this info, like He likes to be intimate at 4 am after he’s rested a bit.) The woman is expected to work full time, plus when she gets home, the lion’s share of the work falls on her shoulders. If there’s no food in the fridge or clean underwear, it’s really her that’s falling behind in the chores. (I’ve asked, *What’s your hubby doing *and they reply that they are tired and there’s football on TV. Again, not my words.) She is the one who gets up in the middle of the night with sick kids, (Kids don’t want daddy at 3 am) she takes care of all the dentist, haircut, and doctor appts. When the kids are older and life gets a bit easier, likely failing health of parents starts to demand time from their daughter. Perhaps they can no longer drive and they need haircut and doctor appointments. They need someone to take them for groceries, and maybe laundry is in the basement and they can no longer use stairs.
That’s my rant. I don’t have much respect for the folks who dislike the Church, have all kinds of misconceptions and opinions, when really, what is the world offering that’s better?
What is unfair is that Christ, the Sinless One, came and took my place on the Cross that I may take His place in Heaven! Now that is worth some time to explore and consider!
What I saw in the working world of secular people. Married, the woman is expected to be on artificial contraception, (and long before she’s married) with all the health problems and risks associated with them. They must be available (now these are not my words but theirs) ‘whenever and how often’ her husband wishes because he wouldn’t even think of a bit of abstinence, because, after all, he’s married and his wife won’t get pregnant. (Why ladies volunteer this info, like He likes to be intimate at 4 am after he’s rested a bit.) The woman is expected to work full time, plus when she gets home, the lion’s share of the work falls on her shoulders. If there’s no food in the fridge or clean underwear, it’s really her that’s falling behind in the chores. (I’ve asked, *What’s your hubby doing *and they reply that they are tired and there’s football on TV. Again, not my words.) She is the one who gets up in the middle of the night with sick kids, (Kids don’t want daddy at 3 am) she takes care of all the dentist, haircut, and doctor appts. When the kids are older and life gets a bit easier, likely failing health of parents starts to demand time from their daughter. Perhaps they can no longer drive and they need haircut and doctor appointments. They need someone to take them for groceries, and maybe laundry is in the basement and they can no longer use stairs.
That’s my rant. I don’t have much respect for the folks who dislike the Church, have all kinds of misconceptions and opinions, when really, what is the world offering that’s better?
What is unfair is that Christ, the Sinless One, came and took my place on the Cross that I may take His place in Heaven! Now that is worth some time to explore and consider!