Universal healthcare

  • Thread starter Thread starter mrld20
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I’ve noticed that this has been something of a controversy for many Catholics.
Actually, it’s not. It’s only in America. You won’t find many Catholics outside the US who oppose universal healthcare
Would a state run system be any better?
Yes, much
 
I happen to like the VA and what it does for Veterans.

And in regards to the obese person comment. That is a per-existing condition and those people deserve our compassion and support. Not everyone who is overweight can help. While a lot of overweight people got that way on their own; there’s a good number of them that require drugs that makes them overweight.

Some people take steroids (I’m not talking about athletes either) these people took steroids for either an organ transplant or they have some other medical condition that requires them to take it. Steroids can cause weight gain.

Some people like me (depression and Bipolar) take anti-psychotics and antidepressants all of which cause some kind of weight gain (even with diet and exercise).

I’m only ten pounds overweight but I’m really hurt by some of the comments on here. That some how I’m not worthy of medical care or insurance.

That’s real Christian of you.
you should really take some reading lessons. nowhere did I say that all people that are obese are so because of their own fault. however, most are. you can look at their shopping carts and at restaurants. If you have a medical condition no problem. my blood pressure was creeping up so i eliminate salt from my diet and it came down. the dr had offered me medication and i wanted to try the natural approach. thanks for implying I am not a real Christian. I guess you have a hotline to Jesus so he can help you Judge.
 
Don’t be uncharitable, folks. None of us have a hotline to Jesus, and keep in mind that the internet doesn’t allow nuances well, so comments have to be taken with a grain of salt.

I don’t think most people are obese by choice. I’m 20 lbs overweight and hate it. I do everything I can to lose it, but have to work at a sedentary job, take care of kids, drive a lot, and our culture is drowning in unhealthy food.
Most people are unaware of what a healthy diet is, there’s a ton of controversy over it still, the ADA pushing 45 gms of carbs per meal, others pushing 20 per day, some dieticians still giving advice from the '50s. Many people don’t have the money to buy healthy food, and don’t realize how much they’d save in medications if they ate vegetables instead of pasta and rice.
 
Don’t be uncharitable, folks. None of us have a hotline to Jesus, and keep in mind that the internet doesn’t allow nuances well, so comments have to be taken with a grain of salt.

I don’t think most people are obese by choice. I’m 20 lbs overweight and hate it. I do everything I can to lose it, but have to work at a sedentary job, take care of kids, drive a lot, and our culture is drowning in unhealthy food.
Most people are unaware of what a healthy diet is, there’s a ton of controversy over it still, the ADA pushing 45 gms of carbs per meal, others pushing 20 per day, some dieticians still giving advice from the '50s. Many people don’t have the money to buy healthy food, and don’t realize how much they’d save in medications if they ate vegetables instead of pasta and rice.
Not being uncharitable but I’m not talking about 20 lbs. I’m talking 100. Like they say on public service ads even 10 lbs and regular exercise makes a Hugh difference. Myself I am 5’8" and weigh 187 but my hdl is 60 because I exercise regularly and try to eat right. As I mentioned when my bp came up I stopped adding salt to my food( not low sodium diet) and. It came down to normal. I understand this won’t work for everyone but I still don’t think many people really try. You don’t need to be a marathoning vegan to be healthier. Plain fact is in this day of super sizing we just ear too much.
 
Not being uncharitable but I’m not talking about 20 lbs. I’m talking 100. Like they say on public service ads even 10 lbs and regular exercise makes a Hugh difference. Myself I am 5’8" and weigh 187 but my hdl is 60 because I exercise regularly and try to eat right. As I mentioned when my bp came up I stopped adding salt to my food( not low sodium diet) and. It came down to normal. I understand this won’t work for everyone but I still don’t think many people really try. You don’t need to be a marathoning vegan to be healthier. Plain fact is in this day of super sizing we just ear too much.
Sorry if I seemed to imply you weren’t a Christian… Take it easy it was just something i said out of anger… My bad…

Point of fact I’d rather have universal healthcare (getting back to the topic at hand)…

Until all any of you have had to rely on the the charity of the Church for the long term (trust me it is somewhat degrading and embarrassing) then you will see how broken our healthcare system is… I liked the person from Canada supporting universal healthcare…

Malta, Poland, Croatia, Canada, the list goes on of Catholic Countries that have universal healthcare…

I think universal healthcare for all is best… It’s not fair that I have to make the monthly hour long trek to the low income medical clinic that my home diocese operates… It’s embarrassing to leave from there with a whole box worth of anti-psychotics and anti-depressants…

Normal people who aren’t mentally ill get to buy their own insurance plans or get it through their employer. But then there’s me working a minimum wage job with no health insurance, saving for school,trying to pay my bills, trying to get a job with health insurance in a ****** economy…

It’s not fair… I look at half the people in my parish (here comes the jealousy factor) they’ve all got great health insurance coverage… They can go to a pharmacy get a prescription filled. They can go to a normal doctor… Instead I’m stuck going to the same clinic for all my needs…

Universal healthcare means no more Catholic Charities! I mean I appreciate the fact the Church makes the meds I really need affordable but I want to have a normal health plan. A normal doctor, and normal healthcare… Something I can’t get because I’m locked out of the markey for being mentally ill…

And that’s what Obamacare does… In 2014 the visits to the Catholic Charities clinic and counseling center are done for… I’ll be able to have a private policy that is affordable… That’s fair…
 
And that’s what Obamacare does… In 2014 the visits to the Catholic Charities clinic and counseling center are done for… I’ll be able to have a private policy that is affordable… That’s fair…
Obamacare supports abortion on demand.

So I hope you don’t truly support it.

But I agree we need universal healthcare.
 
Obamacare supports abortion on demand.

So I hope you don’t truly support it.

But I agree we need universal healthcare.
Obama signed an executive order banning abortion… For all federal funds in obamacare…
 
I live in a country that has healthcare free at the point of delivery, based on need. When I chat to people from other countries, they are amazed at what we get. My father is a retired doctor, when he went to the US for a family member’s funeral, her family asked him about “death committes” and other nonsense that was spread when the first healthcare proposals came out. He explained that those things didn’t exist and described the NHS healthcare system. The family were stunned because it was way better than the healthcare they got through expensive insurance.

I’ve had to have a doctor come out to my house every night to give me an injection, for the last four years. There is no way any insurance company would agree to pay for that. My late relative had to sell her house to meet co-payments, and lost her insurance when she lost her job because she was dying. I thank God every day I don’t have to face that nightmare and I extend my deepest sympathies to those who do.
 
I live in a country that has healthcare free at the point of delivery, based on need. When I chat to people from other countries, they are amazed at what we get. My father is a retired doctor, when he went to the US for a family member’s funeral, her family asked him about “death committes” and other nonsense that was spread when the first healthcare proposals came out. He explained that those things didn’t exist and described the NHS healthcare system. The family were stunned because it was way better than the healthcare they got through expensive insurance.

I’ve had to have a doctor come out to my house every night to give me an injection, for the last four years. There is no way any insurance company would agree to pay for that. My late relative had to sell her house to meet co-payments, and lost her insurance when she lost her job because she was dying. I thank God every day I don’t have to face that nightmare and I extend my deepest sympathies to those who do.
Thank you!!! It’s a miracle!!! someone agrees!!! 😃
 
Obama signed an executive order banning abortion… For all federal funds in obamacare…
So if he changes his mind now or if his successor does, we have to be stuck with paying for abortions?

very kind of Obama to make a special statement saying that he won’t interpret a vague law as being pro abortion. I’m sure that all future presidents will follow his lead. not.

peace
steve
 
Obama signed an executive order banning abortion in the healthcare law and euthanasia is illegal in 49 states… Relax… :rolleyes:
 
I’m pretty sure our next president will be a republican… So the order will stand to ban abortion or the law will be repealed and the existing ban on abortion in programs like Medicaid and CHIP will remain…

And dudes euthanasia is banned in 49 states (its legal in Oregon). Euthanasia is not anywhere close to being legalized relax :rolleyes:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top