Unprecedented federal execution schedule

• Thread starter Thread starter puer.dei
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
See, this cannot be possible.

I was told that he was the most prolifiest president ever.

If only you would read the bible more, my favorite sister online 🙂
[/quote]

It’s interesting to see the truth of a persons true ‘Christian’ nature appear when there are no temporal constraints on them.

Last edited:
Being allowed to live is not ‘cruel’. Being killed is cruel. And that’s not my ‘exalted wisdom’. That’s Church teaching.

The Trump administration successfully fought to resume federal executions following a 17-year hiatus and has executed seven prisoners in 2020 so far, with three more, including Montgomery, scheduled by year’s end. Nearly every one of those cases has been what Dunham characterized as an “extreme” death penalty case, including the execution of the sole Native American on federal death row, over the objections of his tribe, for murders of fellow tribe members committed on tribal lands.

Trump’s preference for harsh punishment predates his life in politics; in 1989, he took out full-page ads calling for the return of the death penalty after the arrest of the Central Park Five — and decades later refused to apologize after they were exonerated. As president, he has praised dictators such as Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte for executing drug dealers and proposed the death penalty for people who sell opioids.

Biden, meanwhile, has made eliminating the death penalty part of his criminal justice platform, a move that breaks from his past support for the death penalty and makes him the first Democratic presidential candidate or president-elect to take a consummately anti-death penalty stance since Michael Dukakis in 1988.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/11/11/biden-federal-executions/

God who is omnipotent and omnipresent has His ways, but mere mortals have no such powers and are limited to what we understand guided by the Church.

But He has ordered deaths and even given parameters for killing people, so is He cruel?
[/quote]

I’ve never been taught that God is cruel and that’s good enough for me. I don’t need to play pointless word games. I’m a faithful daughter of the Church.

Good, then we can both acknowledge that when they meet the Criteria the Church has always held, that God gave the nations, they can be executed without it being cruel 🙂

These criminals are pretty bad and they definitely meet the criteria the Church has infallibly laid down for 2,000 years, and many thousands of years prior as per the direction of God 🙂

As a faithful son of the Church (although, it would seem that you far exceed my faithfulness!) I think this is fine 🙂
[/quote]

This is a good reason why CAF needs to close. When someone is hell bent on steering people away from the teachings of the Church and dissing the Popes, it is a dreadful scandal to the faithful who may be young or new. And to do that with sarcasm and ad hominems is really shameful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back