N
ntisawesome
Guest
So I’ve been attending RCIA since september 09, and things have been going well.
We’ve come to the point now where we are asked to decide whether we want to make a commitment to continue, and enter (is that the right word) the rite of acceptance.
How does one know if this is right for them or not?
I’m of Christian (not Catholic) background, and I’ve never been baptized but am 100% sure I want to be baptized. The only thing I’m still unsure about is whether or not God is calling me to the Catholic church.
How do I assess myself here? I don’t doubt God, but I think I go through cycles where I:
I’m not sure what “state of mind” you are supposed to be in when you enter the rite of acceptance.
We’ve come to the point now where we are asked to decide whether we want to make a commitment to continue, and enter (is that the right word) the rite of acceptance.
How does one know if this is right for them or not?
I’m of Christian (not Catholic) background, and I’ve never been baptized but am 100% sure I want to be baptized. The only thing I’m still unsure about is whether or not God is calling me to the Catholic church.
How do I assess myself here? I don’t doubt God, but I think I go through cycles where I:
- find something troubling,
- begin to doubt the Catholic church,
- talk to someone in the Catholic church and usually something is clarified and
- my doubt is relieved.
- rinse/repeat
I’m not sure what “state of mind” you are supposed to be in when you enter the rite of acceptance.