Unusual experiences

• Thread starter Thread starter e-catholic
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
40.png
Lida:
How does being a white person have anything to do with this topic?
LOL! My thoughts exactly.

You didn’t mention how often this occurs. How does your daughter feel about them?

I would definitely make use of the beautiful gifts and sacramentals given to us by God through His Church.These are good for any family striving to be Holy, regardless of strange phenomena.

BESIDES that, if these incidents are few and far between, I would NOT have her see a psychologist. You mentioned her schoolwork is fine and in every way seems to be a normal 10 yr old?

An exorcism is for very serious cases, and it doesn’t sound like your daughter warrants one. Someone suggested St. Mikes site. They offer deliverance counseling and can advise you as her parent. VERY LOYAL AND ORTHODOX site. I know the founder, personally.

I would write down the incidents, so that IF they do become more intrusive in the future, you may have documentation to help you or others recognize patterns, and frequency. Note any preceding conditions. Was she overtired? Eat anything strange? Things like that.

If she asks you … be honest … say " I don’t really know Hon. But we have nothing to fear. You are a child of God, right? We can trust Him to take care of us, and up to now He certainly has provided for and blessed us abundantly hasn’t He? We will pray together, and you will see, He is good."

If you can avoid the “psychological road”, I would. Unless you think she is mentally ill, there is no help they can
offer you.

I can understand your concern, but be careful of opening “Pandora’s Box”. Best to teach her how to live her life glorifying God, whether she has these experiences or not, then to get caught up in the whys (?) and hows(?) of it all.

Feel free to PM me.

God bless!

Ana,

Hi, I agree with everything that you have said. This is just what I have been doing to this point.

I don’t have a lot of time right now, but I might PM you later. It sounds like you have some knowledge about this subject.

Thank you

I had an “unusual experience” last night…I need some opinions. I couldn’t sleep so I went out onto the couch and left my husband in bed. The cat was driving me crazy so I let her outside. As soon as I fell back asleep I heard this loud screaming noise. I opened my eyes (more like jolted out of sleep) and looked around. Nothing. Then I could here this scratching noise…almost like footsteps coming down the hall. I looked out the window to see if it was the cat and it wasn’t. So I laid there for a little while longer and the noise kept coming so I closed me eyes. All of a sudden I felt this presence beside me like someone was hanging over me…I didn’t open my eyes cause I was terrified of what I would see. I said an our father and a hail mary, swung my pillow in that direction as hard as I could and then ran back into the bedroom. I told me husband that I had heard noises and was creeped out.

About an hour later, ,my husband woke me up and told me to roll over and hold his hand. He said that something just petrified him. I said a hail mary for him and made the sign of the cross for him. It didn’t matter where I moved in the bed, he was right there, holding my hand and wouldn’t let go.

This morning, he told me what had happened. He said he had heard this noise like a radio frequency, ,kinda like screaming. Then he felt a presence beside him but he couldn’t move or talk. He said he was screaming for me but all that came out was this muffled sound and I wouldn’t wake up. He said a prayer and the thing disappeared and he felt all tingly. That’s when he woke me up.

What do you think? After reading some of these threads, I immediately thought of evil. What should we do? My husband isn’t catholic so we may scough at the suggestion of demons.

thanks

40.png
e-catholic:
I hope you all don’t end up thinking that I am nuts, but I would like to get some opinions on this.

I have a 10 year old daughter who is telling me that she sees people in the house that aren’t there. This is frightening to her,

My family had a very similar experience about 25 years ago when we were living in Rhode Island. We moved there because of my job and bought a very nice home in a wonderful neighborhood. Almost as soon as we moved in we all started having similar experiences of sounds like slamming doors, slamming windows, popping light bulbs, and so forth. But no doors, etc. were actually slamming. They were auditory phenomena without a corresponding physical event. One evening during supper we heard (and felt) a slamming noise that sounded like someone hitting the outside of the house with a heavy sledgehammer. We all heard it: even the dog leapt in the air. I raced outside to catch the culprit. No one there. I examined the paint to see where the blow had been delivered, thinking there had to be a huge dent in the wood and cracked, blemished paint. Nothing. Not a scratch.
Code:
 We owned that house for about 14 months. I was told by a neighbor as we were preparing to put it on the market that a woman had died there (apparently from cancer) about 16 or 17 years before, and that it had been bought and sold eight times since. Of course, we didn't know that until we'd gone through some very bewildering and troubling times.
Looking back on our experience now, I’m quite certain that the house was either haunted or otherwise troubled in some fashion by demons. If I had to do it all over again I would have gone up the street to our church and talked it over with the pastor and asked either him or some other understanding and sympathetic (and believing) priest to bless the house and/or to perform a rite of exorcism.
Code:
  Father Amroth's two excellent books are required reading. A great deal of what he says resonates perfectly with me.

40.png
Tallow:
Father Amroth’s two excellent books are required reading. A great deal of what he says resonates perfectly with me.
I an going to order Father Amorths books online, I went to the local Catholic Bookstore, but they don’t carry it. (They carry Tim LaHaye, but I digress.) Does Father Amroth’s book talk about things other than exercism’s ? Are there similar cases to this in them?

I did have a relative who had a similar experience to yours. They bought the house not knowing that everyone in town knew that it was haunted. It took quite awhile to get rid of it, the priest blessing the house did not get rid of it the first time. Things would happen like slamming doors etc. One relative woke up to someone pushing on his chest so hard that he could not breathe. Another guest at the home said that the cat had slept on his head all night, they didn’t have a cat. Eventually after much effort, including the house blessings prayers by the owners, and the Lady of the house going upstairs with a crusafix in her hand, and telling this ghost by name that if she ever touched one of her children again she would burn the house to the ground, the ghost left.

The differance in my experience is that it seems to have happened in two homes that we have lived in. The experiences are very similar.

I have noticed that within the last few months that members of my family have been sick much more often than ever before. Severe upper respiratory infections, asthma (this is new), pink eye, injuries etc. Does anyone know if this could be related to this?

40.png
e-catholic:
Exporter,

I will do as you suggest. I have not had a priest bless the house, because it wasn’t until the past couple of days that I really put it all together. These are things that have puzzled us at different times, but I really wasn’t concerned much. The oddities of the alarm, and the cable connection, didn’t worry me in themselves, technology can be a funny thing.

My daughter is not having any trouble in school or otherwise. When I put this all together I just thought that I would deal with it right away rather than waiting to see what else might happen.

No, no psychological questions. There have been 2 incidents within the last few days, and none before that for quite some time. Although I might have forgotten some things that were maybe dismissed as her imagination.

The fact that a small child (baby essentially) would see a relative who died before she was born makes me wonder if that in particular is not from God. Could it have been from God? Could this be of God, and the rest be coincidence, or possibly a toatally different issue?

I will check into having the priest bless the house when I go to mass tomorrow.

40.png
e-catholic:
I an going to order Father Amorths books online, I went to the local Catholic Bookstore, but they don’t carry it. (They carry Tim LaHaye, but I digress.) Does Father Amroth’s book talk about things other than exercism’s ? Are there similar cases to this in them?

All Catholic bookstores are definitely not created equal.

Fr. Amroth ranges over a lot of topics, so I think you’ll find him very helpful, not just in the matter of exorcism. A much bigger problem in my experience is finding a priest who believes, who won’t scoff and will do something helpful. Those are a rather rare breed these days…

This is a case you shouldn’t bother to ask the Church about. Asking for an exocism is a very foolish thing to consider. It is most likely a medical case. Get the opinions of professionals. Many people hallucinate constantly, this can be caused by disfunctions in the brain. Since you said she’s been seeing them for 7 years it’s most likely not made up and a SERIOUS MEDICAL CONDITION. Of coarse, I could be wrong, but the professionals should be of great help. I hope this helps!

40.png
sarcophagus:
I had an “unusual experience” last night…I need some opinions. I couldn’t sleep so I went out onto the couch and left my husband in bed. The cat was driving me crazy so I let her outside. As soon as I fell back asleep I heard this loud screaming noise. I opened my eyes (more like jolted out of sleep) and looked around. Nothing. Then I could here this scratching noise…almost like footsteps coming down the hall. I looked out the window to see if it was the cat and it wasn’t. So I laid there for a little while longer and the noise kept coming so I closed me eyes. All of a sudden I felt this presence beside me like someone was hanging over me…I didn’t open my eyes cause I was terrified of what I would see. I said an our father and a hail mary, swung my pillow in that direction as hard as I could and then ran back into the bedroom. I told me husband that I had heard noises and was creeped out.

About an hour later, ,my husband woke me up and told me to roll over and hold his hand. He said that something just petrified him. I said a hail mary for him and made the sign of the cross for him. It didn’t matter where I moved in the bed, he was right there, holding my hand and wouldn’t let go.

This morning, he told me what had happened. He said he had heard this noise like a radio frequency, ,kinda like screaming. Then he felt a presence beside him but he couldn’t move or talk. He said he was screaming for me but all that came out was this muffled sound and I wouldn’t wake up. He said a prayer and the thing disappeared and he felt all tingly. That’s when he woke me up.

What do you think? After reading some of these threads, I immediately thought of evil. What should we do? My husband isn’t catholic so we may scough at the suggestion of demons.

thanks
Sarcophagus,
Check out this link, look at the Q&A section, you will find similar things there.
saint-mike.org/qa/default.asp

Also, I think that many of the suggestions that have been made in this thread could be helpful to you also.

Led Zeppelin75:
This is a case you shouldn’t bother to ask the Church about. Asking for an exocism is a very foolish thing to consider. It is most likely a medical case. Get the opinions of professionals. Many people hallucinate constantly, this can be caused by disfunctions in the brain. Since you said she’s been seeing them for 7 years it’s most likely not made up and a SERIOUS MEDICAL CONDITION. Of coarse, I could be wrong, but the professionals should be of great help. I hope this helps!
I was not considering asking for an exorcism. I do not believe that she is posessed by evil. My concern is that there may be something in the house. Also, she has not been seeing these things for 7 years, she saw two or three things before the age of 3, which is actually quite common. She saw something recently, but it is possible that she dreamed it.

In addition to this we have continuous unexplainable problems with certain things such as the cable internet (not the TV though) and the house alarm which sets, and resets itself. Also, light bulbs burn out at an unexplainable rate in our house, sometimes they last 3 months, sometimes 1 day, and this happens throughout the house. We have checked with electritions, and there is no electrical reason that a house would have this problem. We also had the same problem with our other house.

I can see your point, but it isn’t just what she has seen that worries me. Also, the church never performs an exorcism without first having a psychological exam. So, if someone were to request one than there would be an extensive investigation including a psychological exam, and many other things.

PLEASE! DON’T ANYONE THINK THAT I HAVE CONSIDERED REQUESTING AN EXORCISM FOR MY DAUGHTER, I HAVE NOT EVEN CONSIDERED THAT.

40.png
sarcophagus:
I had an “unusual experience” last night…I need some opinions.

thanks
Sarc, I know you’ve been considering becoming Catholic lately. I would go to a priest immediately. The devil knows where the truth lies, he will attack when he feels threatened. Also I would surround your self with sacramentals. Holy water, get a St. Benedict cross and have it blessed then hang it in your home. Pray for intersession from St. Michael the Archangel.

Saint Michael the Archangel,
defend us in battle.
Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
and do Thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host -
by the Divine Power of God -
cast into hell, satan and all the evil spirits,
who roam throughout the world seeking the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Please don’t put off seeing a priest a.s.a.p. Your in my prayers!

40.png
rayne89:
Holy water, get a St. Benedict cross and have it blessed then hang it in your home.
What is a St. Benedict cross, and what is the significance of it?

ewtn.com/library/MARY/CSPBMEDL.htm

The following is a partial list of the many pious purposes of the Medal of St. Benedict.

1. It wards off from both the soul and the body all dangers arising from the devil.

2. The Medal is powerful in obtaining for sinners the grace of conversion.

3. It obtains protection and aid for persons tormented by the evil spirit, and in temptations against holy purity.

4. It procures assistance in the hour of death.

5. It has often proved an efficacious remedy for bodily sufferings, and a means of protection against contagious diseases.

6. Expectant mothers have obtained special assistance for a safe delivery.

7. In time of storms, tempests and other dangers on land and sea it has been found to be a protection.

8. Even domestic animals have been visibly aided by it when infected with disease.

in the case of the child, taking her to a good child psychologist who would let her tell her story and respond in a non-judgemental way would help her, and help parents and reassure them to know she is “not crazy”.

for all the posters who wrote about their unusual experiences of phenomena that seem evil, very good advice above. Only to add examine your house and family members for anything that smacks of the occult–horoscopes, tarot cards, oujia board, feng shui crystals and trappings, books that advocate these things, anti-Catholic literature and media, any literature and paraphernalia of New Age cults and spiritualities, I ching, rune stones all that malarky. The point being that just as a blessed medal, rosary or other sacramental is an invitation to the divine to be present in our homes and lives, so is the use of desecrated objects an invitation to the evil one to participate in our home life.

remove the objectionable items, make sure family members are carefully taught why they are wrong, and have the home blessed.

Also in a general, non-accusatory way, examine family life and dnamics, and activities of even casual residents in the household, to see if there is an on-going state of sinful action or condition that needs spiritual remedy. Or is there something in the past of the family that needs spiritual healing.

rayne89 said:
ewtn.com/library/MARY/CSPBMEDL.htm

The following is a partial list of the many pious purposes of the Medal of St. Benedict.

1. It wards off from both the soul and the body all dangers arising from the devil.

2. The Medal is powerful in obtaining for sinners the grace of conversion.

3. It obtains protection and aid for persons tormented by the evil spirit, and in temptations against holy purity.

4. It procures assistance in the hour of death.

5. It has often proved an efficacious remedy for bodily sufferings, and a means of protection against contagious diseases.

6. Expectant mothers have obtained special assistance for a safe delivery.

7. In time of storms, tempests and other dangers on land and sea it has been found to be a protection.

8. Even domestic animals have been visibly aided by it when infected with disease.

Religion isn’t a cure all.
I have had a St. Benedict cross on my rosary for going on three years now. I still have terrible nightmares almost every night. I used to believe it would help. I don’t anymore.

40.png
Meggie:
I have had a St. Benedict cross on my rosary for going on three years now. I still have terrible nightmares almost every night. I used to believe it would help. I don’t anymore.
As St. Therese said, “everything is a Grace.” God is certainly calling you to something. Ask and He’ll grant you what you seek.

Perhaps you might consider a spiritual director and therapeutic help.

God bless you.

40.png
Meggie:
Please, don’t get discouraged!
I have suffered from nightmares for as long as I can remember. I spent many years praying for help. The nightmares continued.
I still have nightmares, but by the grace of God, In Christ I am victorious over them. They DO NOT have a hold on me at all. No fear.

You can trust that your prayers are not going unanswered, perhaps they are not being answered in the way you think.

40.png
e-catholic:
PLEASE! DON’T ANYONE THINK THAT I HAVE CONSIDERED REQUESTING AN EXORCISM FOR MY DAUGHTER, I HAVE NOT EVEN CONSIDERED THAT.
I didn’t get that from any of your posts. Honestly, I think you have probably spent more brain cells on this then the situation warrants.🙂 You sound like a wonderful and caring mother. Trust that the Holy Spirit will inspire you if needed with what to do and when to do it.

Curiosity is usually only going to land us in hot water. For one it preoccupies us unecessarily when our time can be better spent pursuing other things. I’m not saying you should ignore things that send up a red flag. Dive in enough to gain as much knowledge as you need and act accordingly, and know when to move on.

God bless!

Hi Tracy,

The post before this one did not come out like I meant. I just wanted to let you know I PM’d you, in case your notifier isn’t working.

God bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back