Using chants as background music

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kullervo
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kullervo

Guest
I listen to a lot of music. Lot’s of different genres: Rock, classic, pop. I started listening to some old Christian chants this summer, Eastern orthodox and Catholic and I really like them. My question is, can I treat them like any other type of music or should I treat them as prayers. Can I listen to them while walking outside or playing video games or should there be set apart from other music that I listen casually during these activities.
 
can I treat them like any other type of music or should I treat them as prayers.
I’d say you can do both, depending on what frame of mind you’re in at the time. I listen to Gregorian Chant while lifting weights. I have those same ones on when I’m reading inspirational material. I may listen to them while bike riding. There are no rules as far as I know. Just enjoy them. 🙂
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top