Thanks to all for your thoughts.
Hypothetically, I determine that there are only 4 ways to address a particular moral decision–I can do A, B, C, or D. In my personal analysis and best judgment, all options have real positives and negatives, but I believe that I can rank them from ‘best’ (which is really ‘least bad’) to worst. My consideration leads me to conclude that D is the best option, followed by C, B, and A.
However, the majority of my peers, a truly broad cross-section of society, have been choosing the worst two options. Even though many of them actually agree that D is the truly best option, they are choosing C or B. Most of my friends want me to choose C because it is the trend, and as the trend appears to be the better alternative between C and B.
Am I obliged to stick with my best judgment, or ought I go with the trend of C because it’s better than the other trend of B?