D
dixieagle
Guest
I’ve been on several cruises, and do tend towards seasickness. However, I just make sure to take - and keep taking - dramamine or bonine (there is a “less drowsy” type available) and that takes care of things. There are other things your doctor can do, as well; patches, etc. The only time that it was really an issue was once, heading from the Gulf to the Caribbean in pretty choppy water. But by the first evening, we were fine, and at dinner!For those who have been on cruises, did you get seasick? Could you even feel the motion of the ship?
:hypno:
Try to get a cabin in the center of the ship; the time I got sick was when we booked last-minute and were in the bow (front). Since then, I just make sure to get a cabin in the center (or close to) and keep up with the anti-nausea meds, and I’m good.
I would also recommend an outside cabin; if you can swing it, one with a veranda is great - lots of fresh air for you!
Don’t let fear of seasickness prevent you from enjoying a cruise! I would recommend a Disney cruise, if at all possible, with a few days in Orlando afterwards. We adore Disney World, and can’t wait to see the new World of Harry Potter at Universal, Orlando, which opens in late June.
What fun, getting to plan a vacation that you don’t have to pay for!
Enjoy!