Valentines Suicide Pact

• Thread starter Thread starter A_Chaoidh
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read about this on msnbc.com. It’s horrible that they were gonna do something like this…It’s just stupid! Why do people feel that killing themselves is the “best” way to get out of their situation? (by the way, that’s rhetorical…I’m just showing my immense displeasure with the situation).

Something has to be done to show people that suicide isn’t the way out of a situation. And if this has already been done, it needs to be done again, and better than the first time.

This is just so sad. I just heard on the news that a prosecuter is calling a grand jury to determine additional charges (solicitation of murder already charged) for the person who started this. What is the sense? You stop someone from killing themselves only to send them to jail for the rest of their life? Wouldn’t psychiatric treatment have been a better course of action?

40.png
Lurch104:
You stop someone from killing themselves only to send them to jail for the rest of their life? Wouldn’t psychiatric treatment have been a better course of action?
Well, what they are trying to do is stop him from doing this again. Heck, it’s better than the death penalty (if that was the verdict, it would be the most extreme case of irony I’d ever see: killing a person because he wanted to commit suicide).

In any case, I’d rather see him put in jail with mental help, because at least in jail he’s monitored 24/7 and has no chance of communicating with the outside world without supervision.

I just hope that the authorities help everyone that went along with the deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back