H
HalTer
Guest
Can two practicing Catholics exchange their wedding vows to each other with only two witnesses present and no Priest and it be a valid marriage in the eyes of God?
other than with a dispensation of form…Can two practicing Catholics exchange their wedding vows to each other with only two witnesses present and no Priest and it be a valid marriage in the eyes of God?
Can two practicing Catholics exchange their wedding vows to each other with only two witnesses present and no Priest and it be a valid marriage in the eyes of God?
\ 1. Why would 2 “practicing Catholics” do something like this
2. No, not without the blessing of The Church\
**I can imagine this in an emergency, including imminent danger of death.
#2 is already covered by the Canon quoted in post #2.**
If I correctly understand what you are saying, I don’t see that in the law. Even in the extraordinary form of canon 1116, there must be two witnesses for validity.There’s also that if two Catholics were on a deserted island with no priest or witnesses and rescue not in sight exception. As long as they intend to rectify it when possible.
Thanks for the correction.If I correctly understand what you are saying, I don’t see that in the law. Even in the extraordinary form of canon 1116, there must be two witnesses for validity.