Van Jones on safe spaces on college campuses

  • Thread starter Thread starter PaulinVA
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PaulinVA

Guest
Listen to the whole thing, if you will.

I really like Van Jones. I think he has things to say we can all learn from.

 
I am not a fan of Van Jones. I find the position(s) he takes on many issues to be too liberal.

However, I would agree that there is a danger with seeking “Safe Spaces” and it is not limited to the college campus. I had a client one time state; We (as a society) are on the Bus to Abilene. Apparently, it was a military expression to describe a situation where we all knew it was wrong but none of us wants to be out of step or the one to be a naysayer.

We all see examples of this type of tribalism all around us; “Fake News” labeled to anything we disagree with regardless of the evidence. We will even change our ideology to conform with the group thinking. Sadly, this divisiveness has escalated rapidly in recent years.

As a society, we are never going to arrive at a unanimous agreement on anything. We have all seen it in variations of forms; going out to dinner with a group will mean that you will not always get to select the menu (unless you are paying for everyone). But, at the end of the day…you may just have enriched your palette with experiences new to you?

Remember, just because you favor the information, does not quantify it as valid.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top