M
meat_spin_man
Guest
Hello all.
I am just wondering what this quote
“These books the church holds to be sacred and canonical not because she subsequently approved them by her authority after they had been composed by unaided human skill, nor simply because they contain revelation without error, but because, being written under the inspiration of the holy Spirit, they have God as their author, and were as such committed to the church” (Vatican I).
Says about sola scriptura. Does this mean that Catholics believe Scripture did not need a council to define itself?
I am just wondering what this quote
“These books the church holds to be sacred and canonical not because she subsequently approved them by her authority after they had been composed by unaided human skill, nor simply because they contain revelation without error, but because, being written under the inspiration of the holy Spirit, they have God as their author, and were as such committed to the church” (Vatican I).
Says about sola scriptura. Does this mean that Catholics believe Scripture did not need a council to define itself?