C
Conciliar
Guest
Hello All,
I’m new here, and I thought I’d jump right in with a brief intro and by addressing a topic that is dear to me, and to seek some help in my work. As time allows, I plan to post all over the site on various topics. Message borads like this have played a large part in my journey of faith.
I recently published Part I of a multi-part Vatican II document study guide entitled Harvesting the Fruit of Vatican II. It bears an Imprimatur, and has been used by individuals and parish based study groups in various parts of the US over the last year and a half to great benefit. Feedback from participants has been incredibly positive.
The words in my topic, “never even read the documents,” are the words of Fr. Peter Stravinskas, who wrote the Foreword to the guide. He is speaking of the majority of Catholics - laity, clergy, and religious alike - who have all-too-often errant opinions about the Council, but have never even read the documents, much less studied them in the light of Tradition.
In addition to Fr. Stravinskas, the study guide has been endorsed by other noted theologians, clergy, and well-repsected lay persons. Most notably, however, is the recently issued, enthusiastic endorsement of George Cardinal Pell of Sydney, Australia. His words will appear in our next printing.
For now I want to ask: How many of us have not only read the conciliar documents, but have taken the time to truly study them by referencing Scripture and the CCC?
Is there a study such as this available in your parish now?
In time, one of the things I would like to learn here is how people with a similar passion for seeing Catholics at long last study the teachings of the Council firsthand might suggest I go about inviting people to do so. This work has been a great blessing for me and a relatively small handful of others thus far, but in time I hope to see it used widely, as to be a blessing for the Church.
I’m new here, and I thought I’d jump right in with a brief intro and by addressing a topic that is dear to me, and to seek some help in my work. As time allows, I plan to post all over the site on various topics. Message borads like this have played a large part in my journey of faith.
I recently published Part I of a multi-part Vatican II document study guide entitled Harvesting the Fruit of Vatican II. It bears an Imprimatur, and has been used by individuals and parish based study groups in various parts of the US over the last year and a half to great benefit. Feedback from participants has been incredibly positive.
The words in my topic, “never even read the documents,” are the words of Fr. Peter Stravinskas, who wrote the Foreword to the guide. He is speaking of the majority of Catholics - laity, clergy, and religious alike - who have all-too-often errant opinions about the Council, but have never even read the documents, much less studied them in the light of Tradition.
In addition to Fr. Stravinskas, the study guide has been endorsed by other noted theologians, clergy, and well-repsected lay persons. Most notably, however, is the recently issued, enthusiastic endorsement of George Cardinal Pell of Sydney, Australia. His words will appear in our next printing.
For now I want to ask: How many of us have not only read the conciliar documents, but have taken the time to truly study them by referencing Scripture and the CCC?
Is there a study such as this available in your parish now?
In time, one of the things I would like to learn here is how people with a similar passion for seeing Catholics at long last study the teachings of the Council firsthand might suggest I go about inviting people to do so. This work has been a great blessing for me and a relatively small handful of others thus far, but in time I hope to see it used widely, as to be a blessing for the Church.