Vatican official explains Pope's new beatification policy

  • Thread starter Thread starter space_ghost
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with this wholeheartedly. I remember a few years ago, my mom was teaching a group of 7th graders. The assignment was to write a report on a Saint, and one of the girls turned in a several-page paper on Blessed Mother Theresa. My mom told her that it was an excellent paper, but there was just one problem. Mother Theresa isn’t yet a Saint!
 
I vote yes. The miricle after his death was the mass conversion and rekindling of faith amoung millions of young people throughout the world. Just the invocation of his name over the airwaive from the funural were all that was needed.
 
It’s an indication of Pope Benedict making the Pontificate his own, I suppose. JPII obviously put more emphasis on showing the modern world examples of holiness. I’m sure Pope Benedict also beleives in the importants of example, but it is not one of his priorities. His talents lie elsewhere.
 
Dr. Colossus:
I agree with this wholeheartedly. I remember a few years ago, my mom was teaching a group of 7th graders. The assignment was to write a report on a Saint, and one of the girls turned in a several-page paper on Blessed Mother Theresa. My mom told her that it was an excellent paper, but there was just one problem. Mother Theresa isn’t yet a Saint!
I think that’s as far as title ‘blessed’ goes but literally, Mother Teresa is a saint…she’s in heaven. She had one miracle due to her intercession.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top