Vegas Wedding??

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sierrah
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sierrah

Guest
I know the church most likely doesn’t allow it but I’ve always thought it would be fun to have a Vegas Wedding. Not that I don’t take marriage seriously. It’s just the expense and months of planning a traditional wedding takes doesn’t hold much appeal for me. 🤷:eek:😃

Note: I do agree with the precana classes though. That’s a good idea. 👍
 
I agree, I always thought it would be fun to have a Vegas wedding, but at the same time, doing that seems to also make a mockery of the Sacrament of Marriage. Elvis as the minister, nondenominational chapel, fun yes, appropriate, no. Why not just have close family and friends with a priest instead? The money that would be spent for a Vegas wedding could be spent on a small ceremony and luncheon/dinner at a nice resturaunt. Precana classes take about a month (I don’t remember exactly how long they go) and you could get married shortly there after. I had a large wedding and while it was nice, now I wish I would have had a more intimate one.
 
Why a Vegas Wedding? Why not an Caribbean Wedding. They have Catholic Priests in the Caribbean . Not to sure about getting a Priest to officiate at one of those vegas chapels.
 
I agree, I always thought it would be fun to have a Vegas wedding, but at the same time, doing that seems to also make a mockery of the Sacrament of Marriage. Elvis as the minister, nondenominational chapel, fun yes, appropriate, no. Why not just have close family and friends with a priest instead? The money that would be spent for a Vegas wedding could be spent on a small ceremony and luncheon/dinner at a nice resturaunt. Precana classes take about a month (I don’t remember exactly how long they go) and you could get married shortly there after. I had a large wedding and while it was nice, now I wish I would have had a more intimate one.
I agree, but also think the Vegas wedding itself may make a mockery. The good news is, the reception to any wedding can and should be fun. Why not have a simple, small wedding that honors the Sacrament (and hopefully, the Mass… although not all weddings have to be full Masses)… and then just throw a rockin’ party for your small group of loved ones. 🙂 Honestly, the wedding… even in more elaborate Catholic weddings… doesn’t take as much time to plan as the reception because the format of the Mass is already there. It’s not like non-Catholic weddings where you have to plan every single moment. You mostly just make sure you’re dressed pretty, and do what the priest tells you. 🙂
 
You can get married at very little to know expense and with no planning in your own parish.

We did and it was a wonderful experience.
 
You can get married in Vegas and still have a true Catholic ceremony. My co-worker did this. She found the church and communicated with the priest there, but went through all the marriage prep in her home town. Then she had her parents, his parents, and their four best friends (both married couples) join them for a wedding filled weekend. A few months later they had a big backyard celebration for all their friends and family.
 
You can get married in Vegas and still have a true Catholic ceremony. My co-worker did this. She found the church and communicated with the priest there, but went through all the marriage prep in her home town. Then she had her parents, his parents, and their four best friends (both married couples) join them for a wedding filled weekend. A few months later they had a big backyard celebration for all their friends and family.
Hey, that makes sense! There are Catholic churches in Vegas after all. 🙂
 
Try Guardian Angel Cathedral right on the Vega$ strip!

It is IMHO a really, really lovely Catholic Cathedral…right in the heart of the Vega$ strip (did I mention that?). It’s across from the site of the old Stardust casino,.

If I have the name wrong, try a web seach for “Catholic Church in Vegas” with “stained glass windows of Casinos.”…

…b/c one stained glass window at Guardian Angel Cathedral has a picture of several casinos (most of which are now defunct). I believe they donated the land to the Diocese of LV for the Cathedral.

It’s really a very nice church. Been to Mass there several times when in LV. They take casino chips in the collection basket, no exaggeration.

Good luck!
 
For what it’s worth, Guardian Angel Cathedral’s website has, on the very front page, an explanation that you can’t have a sacramental wedding in a casino chapel…but also says what visitors need to do to get married at the Cathedral.

Of course, should anyone decide to do this, I will expect an invite …🙂
 
As a personal opinion, putting Vegas and Wedding/Marriage in the same sentence creates a nullification of the subject of that sentence. I just can’t personally see getting married in the “normal” Vegas fashion.

However, if you wanted to visit Vegas as part of your honeymoon, I could see that as an option. At the very least however, I’d probably try to find a legitimate Catholic Church in the Vegas area and get married there.

There’s a reason why Catholic weddings are typically performed within the Parish community, and performed by a Priest. I’d imagine most Priests would probably not wish to perform any wedding ceremony on the strip in Vegas. I could easily see that as a mockery of the marriage sacrament.
 
Why a Vegas Wedding? Why not an Caribbean Wedding. They have Catholic Priests in the Caribbean . Not to sure about getting a Priest to officiate at one of those vegas chapels.
I actually if I every did get married I would have preferred a beach wedding. Simple and close the ocean. 👍
 
You can get married in Vegas and still have a true Catholic ceremony. My co-worker did this. She found the church and communicated with the priest there, but went through all the marriage prep in her home town. Then she had her parents, his parents, and their four best friends (both married couples) join them for a wedding filled weekend. A few months later they had a big backyard celebration for all their friends and family.
Yep sounds good . 👍
 
As a personal opinion, putting Vegas and Wedding/Marriage in the same sentence creates a nullification of the subject of that sentence. I just can’t personally see getting married in the “normal” Vegas fashion.

However, if you wanted to visit Vegas as part of your honeymoon, I could see that as an option. At the very least however, I’d probably try to find a legitimate Catholic Church in the Vegas area and get married there.

There’s a reason why Catholic weddings are typically performed within the Parish community, and performed by a Priest. I’d imagine most Priests would probably not wish to perform any wedding ceremony on the strip in Vegas. I could easily see that as a mockery of the marriage sacrament.
I think the whole ceremony has been hijacked by the wedding servicers. I perfer the simpler way that’s all. Plus all the weddings I’ve been too were pretty much the same…boring. 🤷
 
It is possible to have a simple wedding. The church organises everything and you just show up with the witnesses. The reception is optional. Vegas…sounds trashy, sorry 😊
 
We got married at our church, and had our honeymoon in Vegas. I would definitely recommend it for the honeymoon. For the wedding, not so much.

Get married at your home parish, where your families can be a part of one of your sacraments. It is important.

Save Vegas for the honeymoon.
 
I know the church most likely doesn’t allow it but I’ve always thought it would be fun to have a Vegas Wedding. Not that I don’t take marriage seriously. It’s just the expense and months of planning a traditional wedding takes doesn’t hold much appeal for me. 🤷:eek:😃

Note: I do agree with the precana classes though. That’s a good idea. 👍
and getting married in another town is not going to cost money, require planning or take any time?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top