C
Cathoholic
Guest
Schaeffer. You said:
But then don’t tell me I am an idolater in my heart then after I correct you. Tell me the “belief or ritual” is wrong. Then we can discuss the specific belief or ritual.
I can’t tell you how many Bible Christians accusing Catholics of idolatry have used Exodus Chapter 20 (to indict Catholics regarding idolatry). Then when asked about Exodus chapter 25, want to change the subject (and not address the fullness of the Scriptural teachings and how and why their accusations are not based on Sacred Scripture). But they (many not all) just keep running around (often parroting their preachers) that Catholics are idolaters.
But the idolatry-accusers, even AFTER correction, continue to assert what we have going on interiorly (when I as a Catholic tell the objectors that is NOT what is going on. I specifically am NOT worshiping statues etc.) is worship.
But even AFTER correction (even after I as a Catholic correct them and inform them I have no “worship” for a statue or anything or anyone other than God), we are told by others (wrongly) what we have going on in our hearts (when I as a Catholic keep telling the objectors that is NOT what is going on in my heart. I specifically am NOT worshiping statues etc.).
So what we have then, is somebody else telling me what is in MY heart (when I know that is NOT what is in my heart).
John Martignoni is a Catholic apologist. Martignoni who sends out free inbox Catholic Apologetics Newsletters (here) that anyone may sign up for, has a pretty good definition of anti-Catholicism.
Here it is (with one minor spelling correction and bold and ul mine) . . .
QUOTE:
Anti-Catholic - someone who tells a Catholic what they believe, even if that is not what the Catholic believes, and will not accept any explanation or evidence to the contrary. For example, an anti-Catholic would say to a Catholic, “You worship Mary.” When the Catholic responds that he in fact does not worship Mary, and explains that he honors and loves Mary just as her son Jesus did, and shows them in the Catechism where it says that Mary has a human nature, not a divine one, the anti-Catholic responds, “You do too worship Mary!” In other words, **they wish to impose their understanding of our belief on us, no matter how much their understanding of our belief is shown to be false. **Simply being opposed to Catholic teaching and practice does not make one an anti-Catholic.
I hope this helps.
God bless.
Cathoholic
I think it is possible.It is possible to understand the meaning of something in another faith and still find that belief or ritual to be “wrong”.
But then don’t tell me I am an idolater in my heart then after I correct you. Tell me the “belief or ritual” is wrong. Then we can discuss the specific belief or ritual.
I can’t tell you how many Bible Christians accusing Catholics of idolatry have used Exodus Chapter 20 (to indict Catholics regarding idolatry). Then when asked about Exodus chapter 25, want to change the subject (and not address the fullness of the Scriptural teachings and how and why their accusations are not based on Sacred Scripture). But they (many not all) just keep running around (often parroting their preachers) that Catholics are idolaters.
But the idolatry-accusers, even AFTER correction, continue to assert what we have going on interiorly (when I as a Catholic tell the objectors that is NOT what is going on. I specifically am NOT worshiping statues etc.) is worship.
But even AFTER correction (even after I as a Catholic correct them and inform them I have no “worship” for a statue or anything or anyone other than God), we are told by others (wrongly) what we have going on in our hearts (when I as a Catholic keep telling the objectors that is NOT what is going on in my heart. I specifically am NOT worshiping statues etc.).
So what we have then, is somebody else telling me what is in MY heart (when I know that is NOT what is in my heart).
John Martignoni is a Catholic apologist. Martignoni who sends out free inbox Catholic Apologetics Newsletters (here) that anyone may sign up for, has a pretty good definition of anti-Catholicism.
Here it is (with one minor spelling correction and bold and ul mine) . . .
QUOTE:
Anti-Catholic - someone who tells a Catholic what they believe, even if that is not what the Catholic believes, and will not accept any explanation or evidence to the contrary. For example, an anti-Catholic would say to a Catholic, “You worship Mary.” When the Catholic responds that he in fact does not worship Mary, and explains that he honors and loves Mary just as her son Jesus did, and shows them in the Catechism where it says that Mary has a human nature, not a divine one, the anti-Catholic responds, “You do too worship Mary!” In other words, **they wish to impose their understanding of our belief on us, no matter how much their understanding of our belief is shown to be false. **Simply being opposed to Catholic teaching and practice does not make one an anti-Catholic.
I hope this helps.
God bless.
Cathoholic