C
CatholicSooner
Guest
I was at a conference and they presented this pricey software. Anybody used it? Thoughts?
Didn’t know they offered a free app. Thanks for the info!There is a free version made for tablets and phones in the itunes store
Verbum does offer a Practicum which takes you through using the software from more of a Catholic vantage point.I have it. The entry level Catholic version is the Catechism collection, $50. That’s what I started with. I’ve upgraded packages over time and added other resources and purchases. I love love love it. I just went through the Camp Logos 1-2 training days last week and now I’m a power user.
I’d love if someone would make a Catholic-customized list of tags and commentaries that are covered in the Camp Logos but not geared to the Catholic collections. I posted this request on the St. Paul Center for Biblical Theology facebook page.
It would be good to have a preconference seminar on Verbum at FUS’ Applied Biblical Studies institute. I might organize some late-night Verbum User Group hangouts where we can compare resources, methods, tips, and tricks.
I like to study Scripture and sometimes take classes or seminars in Scripture topics. I am not a professional.![]()
Verbum recently launched their own distinct website, too. They have an Easter sale going through May 13th, which is also 15% off:I’m also debating getting getting the Verbum software as well. You can get a 15% discount if you order through this page:
logos.com/steve
They have a monthly no-interest payment plan, which makes the higher-cost packages more palatable.
Verbum has a “Personal Book Builder” feature that allows you to load your own Word documents (it might do pdfs, too – I cannot recall). So if you wanted to add that latest encyclical to your library, you’d just have to copy and paste the text into a Word document. Verbum will automatically recognize and hyperlink all Scripture references contained in the document. You can add other cross-references, too (for example, to the Catechism or documents on vatican II if those are part of your library). That takes a bit of time to do, though.I’m interested in Verbum.
Does anyone know if a person can only load e-books from company or can I load e-documents as well? For example, documents found on the Vatican web site?
Thanks, Jim
It really depends what you plan on using it for (and how much money you have to spendI have Verbum on my iPhone, iPad, and recently added it to my laptop. I find it very helpful but still need to learn to use it to its fullest potential.
Although I cannot access all the books in my iDevices library on my laptop, I’m contemplating on buying the Catholic Answers Library as a good starter library, which has most of the books on the iDevice library. Would this be a good start, or is there a different library you recommend?
I will second this!!!I have it…AND I bought one of the packages. They have monthly payments and then upgrades if you want.
I love it. With the package, I have it on my iphone, ipad, and laptop. They have daily readings, so you can download the Missal and see your daily readings. You can do Bible reading plans and study plans. I have more Catholic books than I will ever read on this, including some Scott hahn that are available.
It is an amazing thing to carry that large of a Catholic library where I go, all hyper linked and tied together.
I highly recommend it