Veronica

  • Thread starter Thread starter billcu1
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

billcu1

Guest
Does anyone know if Veronica was among those called to be apostles? I don’t mean the 12 but there were also 72. Maybe more. There was Lucy and Anastasia among others. I read a story that Veronica was following with those who followed Jesus while carrying his cross and wiped his face and there was an image of his face on the cloth.
 
Does anyone know if Veronica was among those called to be apostles? I don’t mean the 12 but there were also 72. Maybe more. There was Lucy and Anastasia among others. I read a story that Veronica was following with those who followed Jesus while carrying his cross and wiped his face and there was an image of his face on the cloth.
Veronica, Lucy and Anastasia are not mentioned in the Bible.
 
I had always understood that the name “Veronica” came from the Greek words for “true image,” and was synthesized to identify the woman whose story is told in the 6th Station - an event that is not in fact in Scripture. I also want to remember learning that the origin of the story of “Veronica’s veil” was that the Shroud may at one time in its history have been displayed as a folded cloth with only the Face showing, thus giving rise to the idea of a veil on which the Face of Christ appeared. Anyone else learn it this way?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top