R
Rachel_1
Guest
Ok, I’m going out on a limb here posting this, not too many people know about my issues in my current marriage and I’m really nervous about putting this in writing for reasons I don’t want to go into here (nothing to do with the marriage itself).
A little background:
I’m currently in RCIA, super happy that God led me to become Catholic. I was pagan up until 2005, then had a near death experience which made it clear that I shouldn’t be pagan. Events over the last 12 months have caused me to start going to church and enter RCIA.
I’ve been married 4 times (plz don’t give me grief about this, I know it was wrong, now… I didn’t at the time). 2 of my past husbands have passed away. I’m currently trying to get an annulment from a previous marriage that I don’t think I’ll have a problem getting an annulment (multiple reasons could be used for this).
When I started RCIA and started going to church, my husband (who was still pagan) got very upset about me doing this. He seemed to mellow out though after about a month.
Here’s the problem I’m having. He’s SUPER negative all the time. He used to not be like this. We had a good relationship in the beginning, but then he cheated on me. He went to counseling for it and everything, and things seemed ok until 2007.
At this point in time I began investigating my dad’s murder. He seemed fine at first with it, but refused to give me any support at all with all I was going through, which really hurt. Because of the complexities of the case, I had nobody to talk to about what I was going through investigating this or anything, only him, and he refused to talk about it, and was always putting me down for investigating it (which btw, after 28 yrs, we just got an arrest due to my investigation).
Since this time, he’s become the most rude, negative person I know. He has no problem being rude to my grandkids, my daughter or anyone… including me. I’m nervous about him being with me to meet people because of how rude he is.
I’m trying to do what I should, trying to live the Catholic life and not sin and everything, but no matter what I do, it’s never enough. Before I went to church, I had printed out divorce papers because it’s so bad, but now, I’m trying to make my marriage work… but nothing seems to work at all. I pray everyday for him and the rest of my family.
Yesterday I even tried sending him an “I love you” ecard… .I did this about 2 hours before he got home for lunch then I went to mass. When I got back, I stopped to get the mail and he made this big scene because he had to take his truck to work instead of my car, and of course, was rude. It’s almost like the ecard made no difference at all.
I forgot to mention too, that he’s cheated on me 3 times… once early on in our marriage (he went to counseling for this)… then last April (with the same person as the first time), and again in Aug (with a co-worker).
He also has a hard time holding down a job, and went for over a year just playing games on the computer (not even looking for a job). He seems lately like he’s trying to get fired from his job now too… like today he was really late, didn’t even call in or anything, and on Thanksgiving, he just walked out of work saying he didn’t want to be there.
I’m at a loss on what to do, or if I should even try anymore.
Hopefully I’ve given you guys enough background to give me some opinions, if not, I’m pretty open, so I’ll try to answer any additional questions.
A little background:
I’m currently in RCIA, super happy that God led me to become Catholic. I was pagan up until 2005, then had a near death experience which made it clear that I shouldn’t be pagan. Events over the last 12 months have caused me to start going to church and enter RCIA.
I’ve been married 4 times (plz don’t give me grief about this, I know it was wrong, now… I didn’t at the time). 2 of my past husbands have passed away. I’m currently trying to get an annulment from a previous marriage that I don’t think I’ll have a problem getting an annulment (multiple reasons could be used for this).
When I started RCIA and started going to church, my husband (who was still pagan) got very upset about me doing this. He seemed to mellow out though after about a month.
Here’s the problem I’m having. He’s SUPER negative all the time. He used to not be like this. We had a good relationship in the beginning, but then he cheated on me. He went to counseling for it and everything, and things seemed ok until 2007.
At this point in time I began investigating my dad’s murder. He seemed fine at first with it, but refused to give me any support at all with all I was going through, which really hurt. Because of the complexities of the case, I had nobody to talk to about what I was going through investigating this or anything, only him, and he refused to talk about it, and was always putting me down for investigating it (which btw, after 28 yrs, we just got an arrest due to my investigation).
Since this time, he’s become the most rude, negative person I know. He has no problem being rude to my grandkids, my daughter or anyone… including me. I’m nervous about him being with me to meet people because of how rude he is.
I’m trying to do what I should, trying to live the Catholic life and not sin and everything, but no matter what I do, it’s never enough. Before I went to church, I had printed out divorce papers because it’s so bad, but now, I’m trying to make my marriage work… but nothing seems to work at all. I pray everyday for him and the rest of my family.
Yesterday I even tried sending him an “I love you” ecard… .I did this about 2 hours before he got home for lunch then I went to mass. When I got back, I stopped to get the mail and he made this big scene because he had to take his truck to work instead of my car, and of course, was rude. It’s almost like the ecard made no difference at all.
I forgot to mention too, that he’s cheated on me 3 times… once early on in our marriage (he went to counseling for this)… then last April (with the same person as the first time), and again in Aug (with a co-worker).
He also has a hard time holding down a job, and went for over a year just playing games on the computer (not even looking for a job). He seems lately like he’s trying to get fired from his job now too… like today he was really late, didn’t even call in or anything, and on Thanksgiving, he just walked out of work saying he didn’t want to be there.
I’m at a loss on what to do, or if I should even try anymore.
Hopefully I’ve given you guys enough background to give me some opinions, if not, I’m pretty open, so I’ll try to answer any additional questions.
