P
pastprime
Guest
What is the teaching of the Church on the viagra type drugs? I, myself feel that they are morally objectionable. It puts a third party (the drug company) in the bedroom. Any guidence out there?
I don’t think the Church has any teaching which would prohibit the treatment of a medical condition–in this case–impotence, bu the use of drugs.What is the teaching of the Church on the viagra type drugs? I, myself feel that they are morally objectionable. It puts a third party (the drug company) in the bedroom. Any guidence out there?
these medications are perfectly moral.What is the teaching of the Church on the viagra type drugs? I, myself feel that they are morally objectionable. It puts a third party (the drug company) in the bedroom. Any guidence out there?
Whenever the body stops working as it should, it is perfectly moral to treat it. If you got cancer, would you consider it a gift from God, or would you treat it with available medical interventions?I see it as against nature and denying what could possibly a gift from God.
We need to be careful here, although this medication is perfectly moral one is not obligated to avail oneself of it. There is no sin in choosing not to utilize such drugs.Whenever the body stops working as it should, it is perfectly moral to treat it. If you got cancer, would you consider it a gift from God, or would you treat it with available medical interventions?
If you really are " pastprime " I would suggest you accept your advancing age gracefully as God’s plan. Now if you were a young man and were not able to do what was necessary to beget children in your marriage, then I would say see a good Catholic doctor and try to find out what the problem was. Even then, if the therapy required drugs I might want to discuss it with my pastor - if it was a viagra type drug. Also, all drugs have side effects more or less harmful.What is the teaching of the Church on the viagra type drugs? I, myself feel that they are morally objectionable. It puts a third party (the drug company) in the bedroom. Any guidence out there?
Erectile Disease, which is also sometimes referred to as Erectile Dysfunction is a medical condition, which can also be a symptom of cardiovascular illness. One’s judgement on how to treat it should not be clouded by the fact that men get erections when sexually aroused. Erections also occur naturally during sleep, and in response to a variety of factors, such as hormonal fluctuations. Just ask any teenaged male, if you want to embarrass him.What is the teaching of the Church on the viagra type drugs? I, myself feel that they are morally objectionable. It puts a third party (the drug company) in the bedroom. Any guidence out there?
I said it is perfectly moral to treat it. I said nothing to imply it was obligatory.We need to be careful here, although this medication is perfectly moral one is not obligated to avail oneself of it. There is no sin in choosing not to utilize such drugs.
I don’t think we can compare it to a serious, life threatening illness that most people would choose to treat. But, there is no sin in not taking treatments for cancer either.
Yes.It is arguably moral not to treat certain conditions, yes. But it is more complex than to say it is always moral to choose no treatment. Can a parent of young children choose not to treat a life threatening illness? Is such a thing moral?
yes.Is it moral to make no effort to treat sexual problems, given that they affect your spouse too? Perhaps your spouse doesn’t care. But perhaps your spouse does.
To take Viagra is morally acceptable. As it restores natural function.What is the teaching of the Church on the viagra type drugs? I, myself feel that they are morally objectionable. It puts a third party (the drug company) in the bedroom. Any guidence out there?
Well, what some people would consider complex moral issues seem not to be for you. But I disagree.Yes.
yes.
I disagree. A parent has absolutely no right to refuse life saving treatment for a child. I can also tell you that I am not alone in that. In most jurisdictions, a parent may be criminally prosecuted for such an act, and rightly so. I suspect that the Church would agree.Yes.
yes.