S
SpeakKindly
Guest
Why does God want us to follow Jesus, but at one point allowed the Hebrews to be violent at times, and sometimes even told them to be?
There are some reasons I can accept, like war was more common. Okay, sure. Yet, I struggle to find a reason for God involving slavery in the plans for the Israelites, even making room for physical punishment and the keeping of children from those slaves.
Why not cut out the hard bits like this and teach a more peaceful message like Jesus eventually would (which was counterculture then)?
There are some reasons I can accept, like war was more common. Okay, sure. Yet, I struggle to find a reason for God involving slavery in the plans for the Israelites, even making room for physical punishment and the keeping of children from those slaves.
Why not cut out the hard bits like this and teach a more peaceful message like Jesus eventually would (which was counterculture then)?