Would you care to elaborate (if not here then in a PM)? However, I understand if you would prefer not to
I do not mind telling my wife’s.
I married late, very late. I wanted to become a priest and went to the Seminary and God kicked me out and told me to marry (no voices, no revelation, just kicked me out !).
So I went looking for a girl. I met many, dated some (one lasted one week and, because I said one particular sentence, she decided to become a nun. I said: “What is happening here! I love you!” to what she replied: “That beautiful sentence you said solved my doubts! Sorry, I have decided to become a nun!”
So, you see my luck. I am very bad at women and my wife acknowledges that.
So, I went into Teacher Training, I had 16 hours day of work and I gave up looking for a wife.
Then I entered one day the sitting room and saw the new arrivals for the School Year, some trainees too. I saw one, particularly irritating on her lively colors and extrovert way of behavior.
In short, we were not made to each other at all, we fought all the way through dating and marriage for 10 years and now, 25 years later, we get along very well and we have 2 kids and we are happy.
I did not have any private revelations, but the realization that that girl was the type of girl I would never marry, for she was not my type at all.
Years later, my wife told me: "I remember when you entered that door the first time I saw you. You were not definitely my type. I did not want to marry, for I wanted to enjoy life and I was young (younger than me 13 years) But I felt inside something saying with absolute certainty that I was going to marry you.
I was shocked: “Me! Why me? Does God had a particular thought about me? Who am I to deserve that?”. And still today I am shocked… I made my swear a few times that it was true, what she did till she got fed up with my demands and told me to stop asking that.
In my language it is said that marriage and death are planned in heaven. I am clumsy with women for I am too much direct. I am curious to reach there to know what happened to me …