Visiting friend's church (meetings)

  • Thread starter Thread starter billcu1
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

billcu1

Guest
I have been asked by a Jehovah’s Witness friend of mine to come to her church to visit. I don’t see anything wrong with this and she knows I am Catholic. We simply talk about things we have in common and not things we differ in. Is this allowed? I thought I would ask.
 
They only have one thing in mind…to begin to fill you with anti-Catholic propaganda and have you join them.

They do not believe that Jesus is God, the Second Person of the Blessed Trinity, and various other oddities.
 
I wouldn’t advise it. Not only JWs, but others, as well. I have family who are JW and we don’t talk about religion. I have a feisty side. :o
 
There is no good reason for a Catholic or any orthodox Christian to go to a JW meeting.
 
There is no good reason for a Catholic or any orthodox Christian to go to a JW meeting.
Except to save them. 😛

The JW’s deny the trinity and the incarnation as we all understand these things. It’s best to avoid exposing oneself to negative, even demonic, influence, which could occur by going to a JW event/service.
 
I have been asked by a Jehovah’s Witness friend of mine to come to her church to visit. I don’t see anything wrong with this
That is probably because you know little about the odd cult to which she belongs. The Jehovah’s Witnesses deny the Trinity; they deny the divinty of Jesus Christ; they deny the existence of the Holy Spirit as a person; they believe that Jesus and Michael the Archangel are the same being; they deny the immortality of the soul; they have no concept of Hell as a place of punishment; and independent thought regarding their religion is severely discouraged: the only correct understanding of their faith and of the Bible is the one provided by the largely anonymous members of the “Governing Body” at their headquarters in Brooklyn. If you “visit”, they will seek to teach you error, some of which is thoroughly blasphemous error, and everyone there will believe that it is their God-given duty to get you to abandon the truth that has been handed on to you by the Church that was established by Jesus Christ himself. You do NOT want to visit their church, or to give heed to their teachings, or to participate in one of their services.
 
I have been asked by a Jehovah’s Witness friend of mine to come to her church to visit. I don’t see anything wrong with this and she knows I am Catholic. We simply talk about things we have in common and not things we differ in. Is this allowed? I thought I would ask.
I really don’t think there is a problem with visiting any other Church with a friend. I will say however, as one who has family members that are Jehovah’s Witnesses, they will try to convert you eventually. Be steadfast in your faith.

You may find that they are greatly misinformed about the Catholic Faith, so just be ready for that.
 
Bring plenty of Rosaries and Miraculous Medals to hand out.
 
I really don’t think there is a problem with visiting any other Church with a friend. I will say however, as one who has family members that are Jehovah’s Witnesses, they will try to convert you eventually. Be steadfast in your faith.

You may find that they are greatly misinformed about the Catholic Faith, so just be ready for that.
This is very true. After Easter last year, my JW family members ask about me much more. LOL. I just don’t partake in religious talk when they are around. It keeps the peace.
 
I have been asked by a Jehovah’s Witness friend of mine to come to her church to visit. I don’t see anything wrong with this and she knows I am Catholic. We simply talk about things we have in common and not things we differ in. Is this allowed? I thought I would ask.
politely decline please. JW are considered by Catholic Church as well as most Protestants as falling outside of the Christian realm. They deny the trinity, they have a very literalist view of end times. They are aggressive and anti-Catholic. since you are young and young in the faith, don’t go.
 
politely decline please. JW are considered by Catholic Church as well as most Protestants as falling outside of the Christian realm. They deny the trinity, they have a very literalist view of end times. They are aggressive and anti-Catholic. since you are young and young in the faith, don’t go.
She has admitted to me that they aren’t part of what she called “Christendom”. I think they believe in shunning too or something like that. Like the Amish believe. They are considered part of a millennial group kinda like the Pentecostal churches.
 
politely decline please. JW are considered by Catholic Church as well as most Protestants as falling outside of the Christian realm. They deny the trinity, they have a very literalist view of end times. They are aggressive and anti-Catholic. since you are young and young in the faith, don’t go.
You are very correct in this. However, I did visit my relatives Hall a few times out of respect. However, one could never get them to visit any other Church of any Faith. They fully believe that they will lose their place in the “Kingdom of God” if they do this.
 
She has admitted to me that they aren’t part of what she called “Christendom”. I think they believe in shunning too or something like that. Like the Amish believe. They are considered part of a millennial group kinda like the Pentecostal churches.
Yes they do believe in shunning and practice it very strictly. And honestly it does not take much for them to shun someone. You go all the way with them, or you are shunned. I currently have a cousin suffering from this simply because she told an elder off for being a hypocrite.

They don’t believe in the Trinity, will not go into any other Church other than their own, and are very anti-Catholic. Too many people they are considered to be more like a cult than anything else. You will want to be aware of your scriptures fairly well, and if you listen to their version of the Bible you will discover some significant differences.
 
I have been asked by a Jehovah’s Witness friend of mine to come to her church to visit. I don’t see anything wrong with this and she knows I am Catholic. We simply talk about things we have in common and not things we differ in. Is this allowed? I thought I would ask.
Are you male or female?
 
Male. But I don’t think it’s fair to go to a friend’s Hall and they not go to anyone else’s services.
Indeed. Reciprocity is very important. So is critical thinking–though it can’t be something that JW’s are encouraged to pursue.
 
Male. But I don’t think it’s fair to go to a friend’s Hall and they not go to anyone else’s services.
The reason I ask about gender is I have noticed generally that the female of the species in this type of religion tend to be the ones to lure the male of the species into the fold.

In general these churches are taught that if they set foot in any Protestant Church they are unclean, if they set foot in any Catholic Church it is tantamount to mortal sin. So reciprocation is usually out of the question because it causes a spiritual dilemma in their faith, and the guilt would be large.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top