N
NoAvailableName
Guest
I’ve been dating my g/f for over a year. I spend a lot of time with her family – holidays, birthdays, and other events, but she rarely spends time with my family. I realize my family is farther away, I don’t see them as much as she sees hers, and she always has a reasonable excuse (work, with her family, etc.). However, she is somehow still able to schedule time to visit far-away friends that she isn’t that close to and the time imbalance is really getting huge. I have done a ton of stuff with her family (went to far away relatives for several days over thanksgiving, multiple days at her parent’s house over Christmas) and she did very little with my family (nothing for Thanksgiving, couple hours at a Christmas party that my mother wasn’t able to attend). There are also several big events coming up on my side that it doesn’t look like she’ll be attending (wedding, baptism, my family’s celebration of my birthday). Again, she has valid excuses for all three of these, but how is it that it is always so much easier for her to schedule time with her friends and family? How much should I push the issue? We are not engaged yet but will be soon.