Hello ALLFORHIM,
I think the word love is used about six or seven hundred times in the bible.
The overwhealming majority of the biblical uses of the word love are related to God desiring and commanding man to love. The bible does say that God loves. However, seeing that a far greater majority of the biblical uses of the word love involve God teaching man to love, I think it would be far more clear to say that God’s biblical message is for man to love. Jesus sums up the message of the bible with the great commandments to love God with all our hearts, with all our minds, with all our strength and with all our souls, and to love our neighbor as ourselves.
There seems to be a modern desire to twist the bible from its main focus to teach man to love God and neighbor to an artificial main focus on how God loves us. God does love us but the main focus of the bible is to teach man to love God. I fear that the desire behind a suspected man made twist of scriptures is to push a concept where God loves us too much to send anyone to hell. Jesus, and the Father warn us often of eternal damnation.
WARNING! Jesus Does Not Forgive All At least I would hope that we could together agree and clarify that God’s love for us does not mean that people will not go to hell for failing to love God and neighbor as God commands us to do in the main focus of the bible.
NAB REV 2:22
“I mean to cast her down on a bed of pain; her companions in sin I will plunge into intense suffering unless they repent of their sins with her, and her children I will put to death. Thus shall all the churches come to know that I am the searcher of hearts and minds, and that I will give each of you what your conduct deserves.”
**NAB MAR 12 The Great Commandment. **
“Which is the first of all the commandments?” Jesus replied, "This is the first:
’Hear O Israel! The Lord our God is Lord alone!
Therefore you shall love the Lord your God
with all your heart,
with all your soul,
with all your mind,
and with all your strength.'
"This is the second,
’You shall love your neighbor as yourself.'
There is no other commandment greater than these."
NAB EXO 20:5
“. . . you shall not bow down before them or worship them. For I, the LORD, your God, am a jealous God, inflicting
punishment for their fathers’ wickedness on the children of those who hate me, down to the third and fourth generation;
but bestowing mercy down to the thousandth generation, on the children of those who love me and keep my commandments.” **NAB MAT 7:12 **
" . . .
treat others the way you would have them treat you: this sums up the law and the prophets.
Enter through the narrow gate. The gate that leads to damnation is wide, the road is clear, and many choose to travel it. But how narrow is the gate that leads to life, how rough the road, and how few there are who find it!" .