D
DL82
Guest
There’s a girl I know, she’s pretty, sort-of my type, she seems interested in me, drops various hints at times, we live near eachother (very near, 2 different apartments in the same building) attend the same parish, she is a devout Catholic, I find her attractive, I could see things working out.
All the same, I can’t shake the feeling that there’d be something missing. I’m still holding out for something else. Can’t say what or why.
I’m 28 now, time is passing. I should be grateful that anyone is interested in a guy with no real income (PhD student) and few job prospects (UK Universities are really suffering as a result of the economic crisis).
Things could be really good. I don’t know why I’m holding back. Dunno what’s going on. Maybe it’s the feeling that she doesn’t ‘measure up’ against my ex, which is stupid, because it took me a whole year to get to know my ex, and I barely know this other girl, so of course I’m not going to be as attracted to her yet. Maybe it’s also the fear of getting hurt again. The close proximity is an issue too in that regard (could make a break-up quite difficult).
Anyone want to tell me to get off my butt and ask her out?
All the same, I can’t shake the feeling that there’d be something missing. I’m still holding out for something else. Can’t say what or why.
I’m 28 now, time is passing. I should be grateful that anyone is interested in a guy with no real income (PhD student) and few job prospects (UK Universities are really suffering as a result of the economic crisis).
Things could be really good. I don’t know why I’m holding back. Dunno what’s going on. Maybe it’s the feeling that she doesn’t ‘measure up’ against my ex, which is stupid, because it took me a whole year to get to know my ex, and I barely know this other girl, so of course I’m not going to be as attracted to her yet. Maybe it’s also the fear of getting hurt again. The close proximity is an issue too in that regard (could make a break-up quite difficult).
Anyone want to tell me to get off my butt and ask her out?