Walked out of Mass

  • Thread starter Thread starter Lucky7
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies for the misunderstanding.

😊
I’m kidding about the “rudely”- I started to post and when I hit send your post was before mine.

Not your fault - I should have “quoted” the post.
 
I think the bolded part is where it is not clear. Regardless of how upset I was, I was not in my home state, so I didn’t have other churches, schedules and directions at my fingertips. If this had happened in my home state, I probably would have just gone to a different mass. The combination of not being home and my upset definitely impacted my ability to act differently. The fact that my husband was also upset also impacted my ability to act differently.

Not sure if that makes sense.
Sounds like you were very stressed out.
 
I’m kidding about the “rudely”- I started to post and when I hit send your post was before mine.

Not your fault - I should have “quoted” the post.
lol…no worries…I thought you were being sarcastic to me…never mind.

I was also kidding…apologies anyhoo…

😃
 
lol…no worries…I thought you were being sarcastic to me…never mind.

I was also kidding…apologies anyhoo…

😃
Have a pint of something brown on me- you won’t have a chance in a few weeks!
 
I am reminded of the story of St. Francis of Assisi, when he was in his last days. He was blind, cripple, could hardly walk, etc. A particular parish priest was “shacked up” with this woman, giving a bad example for the whole community. In anger, they went to St. Francis to come “straighten out” this bad priest! He hobbled over there, with the crowd in back of him, and knocked on the door. The priest came to the door, with the woman standing behind him. The crowed was waiting, anxiously, to see St. Francis really give this priest what he had coming to him. Instead, St. Francis knelt and kissed the priest’s hands, saying, “These hands bring me Jesus!” (Meaning the Eucharist.) The priest, by that act, was humbled, straightened out his life, and became a good priest once again.
I’ve been reading about Saints, and so far, Saint Francis is my absolute favorite. 😃

Never read that story, so I wonder if it’s apocryphil - regardless, I just love his stuff.

Anyhow not to be accused of taking the post off topic, my understanding is so long as the priest is validaly ordained and carrys out the rubrics correctly for the consecration, Jesus is present in the Eucharist, and if I believed that, I would never leave Mass no matter what the reason.

Sarah x 🙂
 
I’ve been reading about Saints, and so far, Saint Francis is my absolute favorite. 😃

Never read that story, so I wonder if it’s apocryphil - regardless, I just love his stuff.

Anyhow not to be accused of taking the post off topic, my understanding is so long as the priest is validaly ordained and carrys out the rubrics correctly for the consecration, Jesus is present in the Eucharist, and if I believed that, I would never leave Mass no matter what the reason.

Sarah x 🙂
Agreed - Jesus is the most important thing!

🙂

Thanks for that repost Atheistgirl…I wouldn’t have seen the story otherwise…

😉
 
Anyhow not to be accused of taking the post off topic, my understanding is so long as the priest is validaly ordained and carrys out the rubrics correctly for the consecration, Jesus is present in the Eucharist, and if I believed that, I would never leave Mass no matter what the reason.
:eek:👍

I only wish that such a devotion to the Eucharist would be more present universally! There’s a book called “The Lamb’s Supper: Mass as Heaven on Earth” that makes an exceptional case for such an outlook on the mass… now if only we could get more catholics to read it!
 
**I have been in many parishes where the priests interjects other “stuff” into the Mass. The bottom line is - if the priest had valid matter and form for the Consecration - you walked out on Mass and did not fulfill your Sunday obligation.

Sometimes we are asked to sit through the non-essentials (which does not affect the validity of the Mass) to receive HIM!**
 
I just wanted to thank everyone for their (name removed by moderator)ut here (and let you know that I have been to confession). 🙂
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top