C
CouponCath
Guest
Hi there.
I have been married for over two years, and I had a miscarriage two years ago. Before I was married, I was open to children, and ever since I lost the baby, I hate children. I can’t stand being around them, I’ve skipped baby showers, etc. In my Catholic social circle, I have to act like a baby would be the greatest thing ever. If any one of my Catholic friends knew that I thought having a child is bad, they would hate me. I feel like I’m living a lie. Acting like a good Catholic housewife, it wears me out. I just need to vent.
Ever since the miscarriage, I’ve been in therapy, but it is not helping my feelings. DH wants children, but all I see is drudgery and I can’t go through the loss again. I’ve had my mom, dad, best friend, my sister, and my child die in short period (within six months). I’m all done with loss. I would be happy being childfree. After losing the baby, it is like that part of life of being a mother is over. I know I’m selfish, but since I’m selfish, I would be a horrible mother. But yet, the lifetime of Catholicism makes me feel like I should just have babies. No matter if I want them or not. Even if the thought of a positive pregnancy test makes me sick. I’m sick of feeling like I’m defective. Why can’t I be normal?
Everyone around me is so pro-baby.
Before anyone says anything, we are using NFP. I would prefer to be abstinent, but DH is against it.
I have been married for over two years, and I had a miscarriage two years ago. Before I was married, I was open to children, and ever since I lost the baby, I hate children. I can’t stand being around them, I’ve skipped baby showers, etc. In my Catholic social circle, I have to act like a baby would be the greatest thing ever. If any one of my Catholic friends knew that I thought having a child is bad, they would hate me. I feel like I’m living a lie. Acting like a good Catholic housewife, it wears me out. I just need to vent.
Ever since the miscarriage, I’ve been in therapy, but it is not helping my feelings. DH wants children, but all I see is drudgery and I can’t go through the loss again. I’ve had my mom, dad, best friend, my sister, and my child die in short period (within six months). I’m all done with loss. I would be happy being childfree. After losing the baby, it is like that part of life of being a mother is over. I know I’m selfish, but since I’m selfish, I would be a horrible mother. But yet, the lifetime of Catholicism makes me feel like I should just have babies. No matter if I want them or not. Even if the thought of a positive pregnancy test makes me sick. I’m sick of feeling like I’m defective. Why can’t I be normal?
Before anyone says anything, we are using NFP. I would prefer to be abstinent, but DH is against it.