A
Alexxandra
Guest
Hey guys
So I’m a high school sophomore at a Catholic high school. I am not Catholic, however. I’ve always seen religion as a drag, and I just told my mom I believed in God for a while when I really did not. I went to public for grades K-4, Christian school 5-8, and public 9. Neither of my parents are Catholic or Christian. My mom is a Sikh and my dad just believes in God. I am not baptized and my choice of religion is left to me.
Before, I did not believe in God. Now that I’m at a Roman Catholic school, I see that Catholics are different than the steryotypes (SP) out there. I see that Catholics are open with each other and they have an open mind when viewing the world. I also like how close they are to their priests. I want to become Catholic. I want to become part of this loving family with Christ and my brothers and sisters. The thing is, I don’t know how to tell my parents.
While at my Christian school, the “Christians” there were the most judgemental, hateful, hypocrites ever. My parents didn’t like it, because my classmates and teachers they were the best because they were the best and everyone else was scum. I have seen how Catholics act towards other religions, and I like how they encourage it, but not to the point where its considered forcing. At my Christian school, I could have been expelled for not being Christian. My Catholic school prefers it, but it isn’t required. My parents see the difference, but I’m not sure how they would react to something like this.
Please give me advice and pray for my family and I.
Much thanks,
Alexxandra
So I’m a high school sophomore at a Catholic high school. I am not Catholic, however. I’ve always seen religion as a drag, and I just told my mom I believed in God for a while when I really did not. I went to public for grades K-4, Christian school 5-8, and public 9. Neither of my parents are Catholic or Christian. My mom is a Sikh and my dad just believes in God. I am not baptized and my choice of religion is left to me.
Before, I did not believe in God. Now that I’m at a Roman Catholic school, I see that Catholics are different than the steryotypes (SP) out there. I see that Catholics are open with each other and they have an open mind when viewing the world. I also like how close they are to their priests. I want to become Catholic. I want to become part of this loving family with Christ and my brothers and sisters. The thing is, I don’t know how to tell my parents.
While at my Christian school, the “Christians” there were the most judgemental, hateful, hypocrites ever. My parents didn’t like it, because my classmates and teachers they were the best because they were the best and everyone else was scum. I have seen how Catholics act towards other religions, and I like how they encourage it, but not to the point where its considered forcing. At my Christian school, I could have been expelled for not being Christian. My Catholic school prefers it, but it isn’t required. My parents see the difference, but I’m not sure how they would react to something like this.
Please give me advice and pray for my family and I.
Much thanks,
Alexxandra