A
Anthony5000
Guest
I just went to confession and, naturally, confessed my sins. However, I wasn’t finished listing everything but the priest assumed I was done, because he began with the “For your penance…” and asked me to say the Act of Contrition. I didn’t want to be rude and interrupt, and perhaps I should have said something at the end, but I didn’t because I felt by that point the confession was over and I didn’t want to make the people on line wait any longer.
I wasn’t trying to conceal any sins, but I feel weird that I didn’t get them all out. (This has happened to me before, at other parishes; I should probably use fewer pauses or speak quicker.)
When I’m absolved of my sins, am I also absolved of the ones I didn’t get to confess? Should I just confess the neglected ones next time, explaining the circumstances? Or was my entire confession invalid, and I should go again and reconfess the sins I was able to confess the first time around?
Thanks for any (name removed by moderator)ut on this!
I wasn’t trying to conceal any sins, but I feel weird that I didn’t get them all out. (This has happened to me before, at other parishes; I should probably use fewer pauses or speak quicker.)
When I’m absolved of my sins, am I also absolved of the ones I didn’t get to confess? Should I just confess the neglected ones next time, explaining the circumstances? Or was my entire confession invalid, and I should go again and reconfess the sins I was able to confess the first time around?
Thanks for any (name removed by moderator)ut on this!