L
LP4H
Guest
Here’s the situation: My brother had been living with some roommates for a few years now, and was increasingly unhappy with the situation. So, he finally bought his own house, which is now a done deal. Currently it’ll just be him living there, and one of the roommates (male) from where he had been staying is apparently going to move in with him soon as well.
However, my brother has a girlfriend, and she is also set to move in at some point this summer. She will apparently have her own room, separate from my brother’s, which is better than the alternative, though I have still tried to let him know I disapprove of the arrangement. (Everyone is going to have their own separate room.) I have heard of no sexual relations between them, so I am trying to give the benefit of the doubt and hope that they will live chastely, though it could certainly be a near occasion of sin and not something *I’d *do.
He’s been finishing up moving in this weekend, and today I went with him to help move some of the heavier items. Even though I had wondered about this prior, today when I went with him, it had completely slipped my mind that maybe I shouldn’t be participating in this - as if in some way I am giving my approval of him moving in with his girlfriend? This didn’t hit me until we had already loaded up these items and were on our way to unload them at the new house, at which point I just didn’t know what to do.
So, my question is: Was this cooperation with evil? I helped move his stuff, and certainly have no intention of helping her move her things in, but, I just don’t know. I keep going around and around in my mind.
(I know this may sound scrupulous, which I tend to be, though since I’m not sure where this falls re: cooperation, I don’t know if full-consent, if indeed this was grave matter, is met. However, my reason for asking this has as much to with understanding cooperation with evil for any future occurrences.)
However, my brother has a girlfriend, and she is also set to move in at some point this summer. She will apparently have her own room, separate from my brother’s, which is better than the alternative, though I have still tried to let him know I disapprove of the arrangement. (Everyone is going to have their own separate room.) I have heard of no sexual relations between them, so I am trying to give the benefit of the doubt and hope that they will live chastely, though it could certainly be a near occasion of sin and not something *I’d *do.
He’s been finishing up moving in this weekend, and today I went with him to help move some of the heavier items. Even though I had wondered about this prior, today when I went with him, it had completely slipped my mind that maybe I shouldn’t be participating in this - as if in some way I am giving my approval of him moving in with his girlfriend? This didn’t hit me until we had already loaded up these items and were on our way to unload them at the new house, at which point I just didn’t know what to do.
So, my question is: Was this cooperation with evil? I helped move his stuff, and certainly have no intention of helping her move her things in, but, I just don’t know. I keep going around and around in my mind.
(I know this may sound scrupulous, which I tend to be, though since I’m not sure where this falls re: cooperation, I don’t know if full-consent, if indeed this was grave matter, is met. However, my reason for asking this has as much to with understanding cooperation with evil for any future occurrences.)