W
Whidbey
Guest
My son just got back from a retreat for his confirmation class. A dozen teens went to a camp about a half hour away for 3 days as part of their discernment process.
They were about 5 miles away from a Catholic church, maybe less, and I’d assumed they’d go there for Mass, but they didn’t. Instead a Priest came to them. He has substituted at our church before but we don’t really know him.
He set up a card table in a big meeting room and held Mass.
After the homily he told the kids they’d be doing confessions and each kid would have 7 minutes. He then stepped across the hall and they were sent in one at a time. It took about an hour. Then he returned and continued with the Mass.
I don’t know what to make of this. A card table in a meeting room? Interrupting the Mass? ‘Surprise’ confession with little to no time for some to examine their conscience?
Should I discuss this with the Youth Director and/or our Priest? Or is this acceptable and normal and I should let it go?
They were about 5 miles away from a Catholic church, maybe less, and I’d assumed they’d go there for Mass, but they didn’t. Instead a Priest came to them. He has substituted at our church before but we don’t really know him.
He set up a card table in a big meeting room and held Mass.
After the homily he told the kids they’d be doing confessions and each kid would have 7 minutes. He then stepped across the hall and they were sent in one at a time. It took about an hour. Then he returned and continued with the Mass.
I don’t know what to make of this. A card table in a meeting room? Interrupting the Mass? ‘Surprise’ confession with little to no time for some to examine their conscience?
Should I discuss this with the Youth Director and/or our Priest? Or is this acceptable and normal and I should let it go?