Washington State Elector With Terminal Health Issue Tears Up After Voting For Biden

• Thread starter Thread starter sweetcharity
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sweetcharity

“Today is the chance to begin the end of the Trump administration,” he said. “I was glad to do my duty and rid our nation of a petty dictator. Had he won a second term, there is no limit to the damage he could have done to the world.”

I understand that people don’t like President Trump’s personality, but can someone give me an objective answer regarding what ‘damage’ he has done to the world?

There have been no new wars under his administration; and big deal or not, he did get a Middle East peace treaty signed; and North Korea seems to have quieted down.

Last edited:
Somebody here, years ago, said that our society is moving from the primacy of intellect to the primacy of emotion (who was that? SWolf? Something like that). And this story is a great example. The author and the elector both focus on the emotion, making that the centerpiece. And as @sweetcharity noted there seems to be no intellectual rigor.

Perhaps I’m too “old school,” but voting for president isn’t an emotional thing, and shouldn’t be, whether as a voter or elector. And I’m not sure why this is even a story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back