We are all protesters

  • Thread starter Thread starter contramundum7
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

contramundum7

Guest
Is there anyone out there who has NEVER had a “beef” with the Catholic Church or with the members thereof? I frankly doubt it… Yet Jesus told us to take the narrow way, that the way to perdition is wide & there are many who go therein… To me, the Catholic way is the most narrow way i’ve ever known or encountered… (which proves its the right one, if nothing else does.
 
Is there anyone out there who has NEVER had a “beef” with the Catholic Church or with the members thereof? I frankly doubt it… Yet Jesus told us to take the narrow way, that the way to perdition is wide & there are many who go therein… To me, the Catholic way is the most narrow way i’ve ever known or encountered… (which proves its the right one, if nothing else does.
If it was always really easy, I’d get a little scared! :eek:
 
If it was always really easy, I’d get a little scared! :eek:
For sure. But what is/was your “beef”, if any?? I am curious.

Also, the thought occurs to me that it wasn’t all that easy being lost either… I guess life just isn’t easy no matter what… but at least now i can offer up my hardships/sufferings to God & get something out of them… I feel sorry for people who get no meaning out of their sufferings.
To know that Jesus went through everything we do is such a comfort & draws me closer to Him… my best (probably only) friend (except for the saints).
God bless…
 
Contramundum7,

One question first: are you asking about beefs with the Catholic Church herself or are you asking about beefs with individual Catholics and what they say the Catholic Church is? There is a world of difference between the two.

I think I once had a beef with the Catholic Church; I forget the subject. I quickly found my error, though, and changed my mind.

I have plenty of beefs with individual Catholics and what they do. I have a beef with anybody who calls himself Catholic and who does not support an unborn baby’s right to live. I have a beef with much of our modern hymnody. I have a beef with anybody who said that Bishop Bruskewiecz’ (sp?) flock could ignore his excommunication decree. And the list goes on.
  • Liberian
 
Contramundum7,

One question first: are you asking about beefs with the Catholic Church herself or are you asking about beefs with individual Catholics and what they say the Catholic Church is? There is a world of difference between the two.

I think I once had a beef with the Catholic Church; I forget the subject. I quickly found my error, though, and changed my mind.

I have plenty of beefs with individual Catholics and what they do. I have a beef with anybody who calls himself Catholic and who does not support an unborn baby’s right to live. I have a beef with much of our modern hymnody. I have a beef with anybody who said that Bishop Bruskewiecz’ (sp?) flock could ignore his excommunication decree. And the list goes on.
  • Liberian
Could u explain Bishop’s excommunication decree? I don’t have a TV & rarely listen to radio these days. Thanks.
 
Could u explain Bishop’s excommunication decree? I don’t have a TV & rarely listen to radio these days. Thanks.
Contramundum,

Here are a couple of relevant links. The original order came out a decade ago and was recently upheld by the Vatican.

findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1058/is_n12_v113/ai_18188258

findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1252/is_n8_v123/ai_18221780

Apparently Commonweal is one of those groups that I have a serious beef with.

cwnews.com/news/viewstory.cfm?recnum=48072
  • Liberian
 
Is there anyone out there who has NEVER had a “beef” with the Catholic Church or with the members thereof? I frankly doubt it… Yet Jesus told us to take the narrow way, that the way to perdition is wide & there are many who go therein… To me, the Catholic way is the most narrow way i’ve ever known or encountered… (which proves its the right one, if nothing else does.
NO! I’ve never had a “beef” with the Catholic Church. I believe and accept ALL the teachings of the Church. This has not changed and my faith has not been shaken at all since I converted to the Catholic Church 16 years ago.
 
contramundum7
we are all protesters
Is there anyone out there who has NEVER had a “beef” with the Catholic Church or with the members thereof? I frankly doubt it… Yet Jesus told us to take the narrow way… the Catholic way is the most narrow way i’ve ever known or encountered… (which proves its the right one, if nothing else does.
Well said contramundum7, I agree with you.

I was for many years a regular worshipper in the Methodists and agree with you.

One of our Catholic members on the death of his wife, married a divorced woman but as that is not so easily reconcileable with Catholicism, promptly went off and became a Methodist!!😉

I am not knocking Methodism. It is a tradition for which I have a lot of respect.But it DOES rather illustrate your point 👍
 
I don’t know. “Beef” implies some level of anger to me, and I think some people are not prone to get angry about matters at church. But, then again, I am not on the liturgy committee for a reason; I’d likely get angry. :eek:
 
40.png
contramundum7:
I was blown away by what i read in the first article you sent me. That one Jesuit bishop was out of line to say that Bishop Bruskewitz (i know i’m not spelling that right) should not go out on his own, without the other bishops on things like this!! I am wondering if he is a silent Mason. There are Masons who work for the Church in order to be in a position to change Her… water down her teachings & in the end, destroy her effectiveness both in the Church & in the world… I also couldn’t believe that one person who said some member of Planned P. was dedicated to both that organization & to the Church!! Of course, why should i be so shocked? I guess its just that i haven’t read anything like this in a long time…
The sheep & the goats are being separated…
Thank you so much. I haven’t read the 2nd article u sent, but will do so soon… God bless…
 
NO! I’ve never had a “beef” with the Catholic Church. I believe and accept ALL the teachings of the Church. This has not changed and my faith has not been shaken at all since I converted to the Catholic Church 16 years ago.
u r fortunate. I had this one incident years ago where i was down & out and no one in the Church would help me and the deacon actually told this other member (the only one who did want to help) not to help me. It was weird because i was beginning to attend Mass at that Church every morning… so why were they so distrustful of me (long story, all the details). I guess they didn’t know me very well and all that… but still… Do ax-murderers attend daily Mass?
It was the 1st time in my life i ever wanted to not be Catholic… I mean, it wasn’t like i was asking for the world… I got so angry, i said to myself, “If this is Christianity, I guess i’m not a Christian…” But then i thought of all the things i loved about the Church… & found a better one… Not all Churches r the same.
 
Contramundum7,

It’s a lot like somebody belonging to both the NAACP and the KKK, and wondering why people have difficulty with that.
  • Liberian
 
Contramundum7,

It’s a lot like somebody belonging to both the NAACP and the KKK, and wondering why people have difficulty with that.
  • Liberian
Hmmm… I definitely never thought about like that before… but it does seem like some Churches are so much better than others… as to make your analogy not seem so extreme as i first thought…
Actually, I was not accurate in what i said about the incident - I hadn’t even asked anyone in the Church for anything (much less did i ask 4 the world). But someone saw a need & did offer to help - that’s when the deacon told her not to. Anyway, i’m just glad all Churches are not like that or maybe i would have become Baptist or something (??). No, i would have just accepted my sufferings as Jesus did (i’d like to think i would have anyway… Well, i know i would have because even then, i knew too much to turn back… In ohter words, i had studied & knew the Catholic Church was the one Christ established… Pretty hard to abandon ship when u know that…
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top