Hi Lyle,
I am in the midst of converting to the Catholic faith from being a lifelong Protestant. I was evangelized by Catholic media (radio and television, mainly) which led me to further personal study and, finally, acceptance of Catholic teaching. Not only that, the area I live in is heavily Catholic and has a huge impact on the local culture with their schools, hospitals, charities, sports organizations, fish fries, etc. Different faith communities have different ways of evangelizing, and while you may not have had your doorbell rung by Catholics handing out tracts like the Baptists do, the Catholic Church is definitely working in the world to fulfill Christ’s mission. However, it is also up to each of us as Christians to share the Good News in the place God has planted us, on a personal level with others in our lives. There are many modern Catholic evangelists today that are sharing that message with the faithful, and you will hear it if you attend Mass as well.