We know not the hour or the day

• Thread starter Thread starter JHutch
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JHutch

Worried about the damage the damage that we do to the earth???

Are we accelerating our demise???

“Had this happened within 10 light-years of us, it would have severely damaged our atmosphere and ***possibly have triggered a mass extinction,” ***said Bryan Gaensler of the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics (CfA)."

space.com/scienceastronomy/bright_flash_050218.html

Wouldve, shouldve, couldve…what if, etc…who cares??? I don’t think anything of it. I don’t think man is plotting his own course of destruction…nor do I care. All I am concerned with, is if I will be in a state of grace when I die, whether it be due to Global Warming, a nuclear war, Second Coming, etc…As Catholics…we shouldnt be concerned about when we may die…but we should be happy and rejoice when that time comes, because hopefully we will be in heaven with Jesus and our Father.

Exactly. We need to be prepared to meet the Lord because He could call us home at any time!!!

It is fascinating how we worry and fret over global warming while this star said to be only about 12 miles in diameter and on the other side of the universe from earth put out enough x-ray/gamma energy to cause extinction on earth if it were just a little closer to us.

This is something that occurred in the universe that we have absolutely no control over what-so-ever and would wipe us out before we even knew it was happening!!!

It ia amusing to see the things we concern ourselves with, while our ultimate fate is in the hands of God alone!!!

God created nature & natural law and He will use it as He needs it. If a comet is to smash into the earth, the orbit of the comet and the earth have been pre-set ages ago to do in the distant future what God needs for it to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back