Wedding Processional Music Guidelines

  • Thread starter Thread starter Cataline
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cataline

Guest
Where are the criterion for a processional at a wedding printed? i would like to know the official church teaching and have guidelines for this as I choose my music. By processional, I mean when the wedding party and bride process in. After the processional will be the gathering/opening song.

Thank you.
 
I am not sure there are any universal instructions, you would have to consult with your Priest or the diocese for appropriate selections. (Or the organist/music director, usually has a good idea of what it appropriate).

I don’t remember what my wedding party walked up to :p, but I walked up to an instrumental version of “O God beyond all praising” and after I got up, the music transitioned into the hymn and that was the opening hymn.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top