Wedding Readings

  • Thread starter Thread starter JanelleCB
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Canadian Rite doesn’t list Song of Songs as one of the possibilities but the American material we use for Marriage Preparation does. I’ve only known 2 couples choose it in the 12 years I’ve been preparing the readings for weddings but it’s a lovely selection.
Now you know of three, as I used the reading from the Song of Songs for my cousin’s wedding Mass. 👍 It is also found in the Spanish version of the Lectionary, under the section for Nuptial Masses.
 
Of course, I didn’t know it back then (almost 22 years ago!), but if I could have chosen the best OT reading for our nuptial Mass, it would have been from the Book of Sirach (6:6-17) about true friendship.

I will definitely choose it for our 25th anniversary Mass! 👍
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top