wedding

  • Thread starter Thread starter vicki18
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
V

vicki18

Guest
Hi I have a question about my daughters upcoming wedding. she was married at the courthouse and now realizes how much it means to be married in the eyes of God. so she and her husband(non catholic) both want to marry in the church. we have a great priest and he is letting them have a wedding without full mass. thats great. this is the problem,family(that are catholics_ and friends are saying to her I thought you were already married. it hurts her so much. what can she say to them? its her grandmother that said it to her once and she is a big problem and she is cahtolic. god bless you all for your help,vicki18:confused:
 
It seems like it wouldn’t be too difficult for her to express to these family members how important it is to her to have God’s blessing on her marriage, and that’s why she’s doing the church wedding now. It would really give good example about priorities, don’t you think?

Betsy
 
I would just have her tell grandma “We’re married as far as the law is concerned, but not in God’s eyes so we are making things right with Him.”
 
Hi I have a question about my daughters upcoming wedding. she was married at the courthouse and now realizes how much it means to be married in the eyes of God. so she and her husband(non catholic) both want to marry in the church. we have a great priest and he is letting them have a wedding without full mass. thats great. this is the problem,family(that are catholics_ and friends are saying to her I thought you were already married. it hurts her so much. what can she say to them? its her grandmother that said it to her once and she is a big problem and she is cahtolic. god bless you all for your help,vicki18:confused:
I would just respond with what you’ve said here… that yes, they had a civil ceremony and they are legally married by the state but since then they’ve decided it’s important to them to dedicate their marriage to God and so they’ve chosen to this by marrying in the Church. I would think people would respect that decision.
 
,family(that are catholics_ and friends are saying to her I thought you were already married. it hurts her so much. what can she say to them? its her grandmother that said it to her once and she is a big problem and she is cahtolic. god bless you all for your help,vicki18:confused:
you simply train her to reply, we are now getting married in the Catholic Church, as we should have done at the beginning. I hope you wish us joy.

You will not of course be planning another huge reception or expecting gifts, showers and so forth if that has already happened. You may celebrate quietly with the family in any way that seems appropriate.

congratulations on doing your duty as a parent and helping her realize the importance of this.
 
Tell her not to mind what they say. She should tell them how wonderful it is to have God’s blessings on one’s marriage.
May peace,joy and love reign in her family in Jesus name.AMEN.
 
Hi I have a question about my daughters upcoming wedding. she was married at the courthouse and now realizes how much it means to be married in the eyes of God. so she and her husband(non catholic) both want to marry in the church. we have a great priest and he is letting them have a wedding without full mass. thats great. this is the problem,family(that are catholics_ and friends are saying to her I thought you were already married. it hurts her so much. what can she say to them? its her grandmother that said it to her once and she is a big problem and she is cahtolic. god bless you all for your help,vicki18:confused:
She just says it like it is we are legally married, but not Sacramentally Married. So we are fixing this situation that we ourselves have created by our poor choices. I hope you will attend the celebration of the Sacrament of Marriage.
 
:thumbsup
Thank you all for your advice. Needed to know or get feedback on this issue. She was away at college and fell in love after 4 years and didnt want to “live in sin”. so they got married. she never had a reception or anything. just us and his parents in jeans. she does know of her poor choice she made. but wants to do the right thing now. she is starting to come an hour away to to go church with me. she is 22 and just graduated from college. very independent young woman. I thank god everyday for her choice she has made. And also for our priest. such a good man. couldnt ask for a better person to lead us. I am so sorry to hear my husbands catholic family(mine or no longer living and I am an only child,have no family) say these things. I dont understand… his parents are suppose to be the strong catholic types. Old school. to me they just make up their own rules,and just pick and choose parts of the faith.thanks for letting me vent. god bless you all,and if you have wedding ideas about readings,music and how to write a program,I need the help. Oh,and if you have a job for my daughter. Police related work:D FBI, CIA homeland ok,thanks vicki18;)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top