N
nqes7t9
Guest
Hi CAF Friends,
Sometimes I get weird results when trying to apply the Golden Rule (Do unto others as you would have them do to you).
For example, yesterday I wanted to tell my parents at dinner something about my personal life. That seemed like a perfectly normal thing to do. But then, it occurred to me that I certainly would not have my parents tell me what I wanted to tell them, because it would simply have made no sense! If my parents had said what I was going to say, it would have seemed like sheer nonsense!
So, what do you think about this?
Thanks
n
Sometimes I get weird results when trying to apply the Golden Rule (Do unto others as you would have them do to you).
For example, yesterday I wanted to tell my parents at dinner something about my personal life. That seemed like a perfectly normal thing to do. But then, it occurred to me that I certainly would not have my parents tell me what I wanted to tell them, because it would simply have made no sense! If my parents had said what I was going to say, it would have seemed like sheer nonsense!
So, what do you think about this?
Thanks
n