Not open for further replies.
H

HagiaSophia

Key points
• MPs’ report recommends selection embryos on sex or genetic imperfections
• Report also to allow for half-human half-animal embryos for research
• Half of committee dismiss conclusions; watchdogs call them ‘libertarian’
Key quote

“Taboo subjects such as cloning, chimeras and hybrids and so-called eugenics must be tackled head-on in a rational debate leading to principled and coherent legislation” - conclusion of summary to report

**MPs will today recommend giving the go-ahead to couples to create “designer babies” and allowing the experimental implantation of human embryos into animals, as part of a radical shake-up in fertility laws. **

If accepted, it could allow couples, in consultation with their doctors, to select embryos on the basis of their sex, to weed out genetic imperfections, or to create a “saviour sibling” - a child that can provide life- saving treatment to an ill brother or sister.

The science and technology select committee report, which will also recommend the scrapping of regulators, the Human Fertility and Embryology Authority, has criticised the precautionary approach used up until now, instead arguing that new technologies should be used until harm is proved.

But late last night, a few hours before the study was due to be officially published, half of the committee launched a scathing attack on its findings and condemned a “rush to publish” by the other members.

news.scotsman.com/index.cfm?id=313952005

Indeed, it is a “brave new world”. One in which God and his commandments are blithely ignored to our mutual ruin.

As G. K. Chesterton wrote (paraphrasing here): “If we see a fence across a meadow should we remove that fence before ever asking why it was put there?”

What horrors are we allowing our scientists to bring down on our heads? God alone knows, but we will all end up paying the price.

OK-implating human embryos in animals is about the most horrifying thing I can imagine. :eek::eek::eek: I can’t even begin to imagine what would motivate a person to contemplate doing such a thing.

its called progress. why do you feer it so much. you are afraid of humens being born from animals but 100 years ago ill bet you wuld have been afraid of penicilon.

40.png
StJeanneDArc:
OK-implating human embryos in animals is about the most horrifying thing I can imagine. :eek::eek::eek: I can’t even begin to imagine what would motivate a person to contemplate doing such a thing.
We have always has the horrors of war, torture, etc on this planet. But these are new evils never possible before. If anything is direct from the pit of Hell, it is this!

rastell said:
We have always has the horrors of war, torture, etc on this planet. But these are new evils never possible before. If anything is direct from the pit of Hell, it is this!

did you’re grandparents say that win asprin was inventid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back