Well, this should be fun

  • Thread starter Thread starter dsmantz
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dsmantz

Guest
I received a random email on Facebook from a woman who is a member of the Seventh Day Remnant church. She linked me to (Edited) (Great laughs!) and offered to engage me in discussion over why the Catholic Church is the Whore of Babylon.

So far, we’re only touching base on why Christians worship on Sunday, and not Saturday. Eagerly awaiting her response after referencing Scripture and writings from early Christians and Christian documents.

I ask that you all pray that I remain charitable in my comments and discussion. The woman seems to be genuinely on fire for the Lord, but seems to have been filled with propaganda instead of making the choice herself.

If interested, I’d be happy to post our dialog.

Pax Christi,
Shane
 
Slinging verses and beating each other over the head with Bibles rarely does any good. Show her some beauty and truth in Catholic teaching and leave it there. God will do the rest. Given some of the stuff on that website such as poems about poisoning preists, it is going to take a lot of prayer.

The organization has been email blacklisted and has had their AOL account discontinued due to complaints by Catholics about aggressive prosteletyzing. Article 23 of thier statement of faith states that the Holy Catholic Church is the whore of Babylon and papacy is the anti-Christ.

They are the worst kinds of anti-Catholics. Kyrie eleison.

Get ready to shake the dust off your shoes if the woman is too far gone.

-Tim-
 
Slinging verses and beating each other over the head with Bibles rarely does anyting good. Show her some beauty and truth in Catholic teaching and leave it there. God will do the rest. Given some of the stuff on that website such as poems about poisoning preists, it is going to take a lot of prayer.

The organization has been email blacklisted and has had their AOL account discontinued due to complaints by Catholics about aggressive prosteletyzing. Article 23 of thier statement of faith states that the Holy Catholic Church is the whore of Babylon and papacy is the anti-Christ.

They are the worst kinds of anti-Catholics.

Lord have mercy.

-Tim-
I don’t think we’re slinging verses, but trying to understand where the other is coming from. I’ve specifically asked that there be no citation or reference to the website.
 
That’s hilarious

I have a bunch of seventh day adventists on my Facebook that are always posting information sourced from that website. Another common one is (Edited)

Good luck!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top