What am I doing wrong?

  • Thread starter Thread starter LotusCarsLtd
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
By flirting, I mean that they become more friendly towards me than when I first met them (for those girls I may run into on a regular basis) or they are clearly flattered when I walk past. I don’t mean it in the more aggressive sense of the word with batting eyes, etc.
 
You’ll get many responses but the truth is GOD only knows. I’ve been there myself. I had boyfriends who were good looking and told me I was cute but they were always far and few between. I think confidence and an outgoing nature attract people as well as a flirty personality but since my attempt at trying those long ago failed for me I cannot recommend them it for others if they are not in your natural personality. Maybe try making friends and work from there not looking specifically for a romantic relationship.
 
Not to derail the thread, but I’m still unsure on non-Catholic ladies. I realize there’s tons of potential there, but I worry about the question of “what if it gets serious and she’s not willing to convert?”
I think this is very wise. Yes, it is true that some people convert but there are many who don’t and then you potentially have all these religious issues in marriage on top of your regular family life challenges.

Maybe you are not doing anything wrong. Maybe the time has not come yet for you to meet someone. Here’s a song for you 🙂
youtube.com/watch?v=nDBYOkB45r0
 
I always used to dislike my personal appearance but I’ve grown to really like it lately. Around the same time this happened I also noticed a lot of women checking me out, flirting with me, etc. and it’s quite flattering. The problem is that the vast majority of these women are probably not Catholic, which removes them from the list of potential dates.

But while THEY may be flirting with me, I never encounter anything of the like with the Catholic ladies. With them, the response is absolutely stone cold (this is despite heavy involvement at my parish, and my attempts to be warm, friendly, nice, faithful, etc. around them.)

And, frankly, this is all rather annoying. I can’t seem to figure out why the response between the two groups (non-Catholics vs. Catholics) is so vastly different. Any ideas?
Well, I’m a Catholic woman, and when guys come up to me and flirt, I try to be modest and nice, but not overtly flirtatious because I don’t want them to think I’m “easy” haha. 🙂 I want a man to like me for me; someone who is serious about wanting to get to know me, not some guy who is just looking to fool around. Unfortunately, at my age, too many guys are just looking to have “fun”. That’s why I tend to be more resistant to initially flirt or to flirt too much.

Take your time. Don’t get discouraged. When a Catholic woman sees that you’re a good man, and she likes you, she’ll open up to you.:yup:
 
Some women are shy and will not respond immediately so you have to make an effort to engage them and get them interested in you. Always be a gentleman. Treat all women with respect and that will get you noticed. Turst me, there are so many Catholic women out there who want to meet a nice Catholic guy and wonder where you all are hiding.
Too true 🙂
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top