What Are Schools & Churches Teaching?

• Thread starter Thread starter HagiaSophia
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HagiaSophia

Many parents have sought to protect their children from the behavior-modification programs that have taken the place of academic education in public schools. To escape the assault of Outcome-Based Education (OBE), multi-culturalism, and workforce training programs, parents in ever-increasing numbers are placing their children in private schools or are home-schooling.

Public schools, and even some private schools, spend valuable classroom time engaged in “cooperative” learning (group learning) encounter sessions and discussion groups that employ pop psychology that teachers are simply not qualified to apply. These programs are designed for a very specific purpose—to change the attitudes, values and beliefs of your children in order to prepare them to be proper environmental citizens in the “sustainable” global village. Such behavior-modification programs are the very root of the destruction of America’s public education system.

In spite of the “school wars,” parents have felt safe taking their children to Sunday School to help build a solid moral foundation. But, have you looked at your church’s Sunday School curriculum lately? You may be shocked to find tree-hugging, earth-worshipping paganism intermixed in the Christian lessons.

Many churches are now using a Sunday School curriculum created by an organization in Colorado called “Group.” There is nothing in Group’s publications that tells who they are, what they believe in, or anything about the backgrounds of the creators of the materials. But Group curriculum is now sold in most Christian bookstores. The Group material offers “Hands-on Bible curriculum” and advocates a “new approach to learning.”

However a close inspection of Group’s materials and teaching methods shows it bears a close resemblance to the behavior-modification techniques of OBE. For example, under the sub-head “Successful Teaching: You can do it!” the teacher’s manual asks the question - “What does active learning mean to you as a teacher? It takes a lot of pressure off because the spotlight shifts from you to the students. Instead of being the principle player, you become a guide and FACILITATOR.” This is basic OBE classroom organization where students are not taught by a teacher, but are guided to learn on their own, as the class FACILITATOR simply suggests and gently directs toward a pre-programmed, psychology-driven lesson plan.

americanpolicy.org/more/main.htm

Homeschooling isn’t for everyone, but my wife and I take our responsibility to be the primary educators of our children seriously.

Hoomschooling has it’s challenges, but it’s well worth it.

There are days I wish I had the funds (and the drive-time) to send all my kids to a good Catholic school instead.

But then I quickly remember that most Catholic schools today aren’t much more than a public school with a statue of Mary in front!!

40.png
jlw:
Homeschooling isn’t for everyone, but my wife and I take our responsibility to be the primary educators of our children seriously.

Hoomschooling has it’s challenges, but it’s well worth it.

There are days I wish I had the funds (and the drive-time) to send all my kids to a good Catholic school instead.

But then I quickly remember that most Catholic schools today aren’t much more than a public school with a statue of Mary in front!!
jlw, I agree with you on your last statement. I go to a Catholic school, and the only thing different about it is that we have uniforms, and we celebrate Mass and pray and such.

Here is my take on it:
  1. America changes from an agrarian society to an industrialized one.
  2. Industrialized societies need mass labor to function.
  3. In order to get people to submit to the crappy conditions of the industrial age, the public school system is started to get people into the habit of waking up eearly, going someplace and sitting down doing repetitive tasks all day, then going home so tired you only have energy to eat and go to bed.
  4. American changes from industrial to commercial economy.
  5. Commerce requires large amounts of skilled labor with no ambition but to have a home, 2 cars, 2 kids, and a dog.
  6. The concept of “career satisfaction” is introduced, selling the notion that the more education you have, the better you’ll like your dead-end job.
  7. Credit companies lock people into employment by encouraging them to spend the next 10 years of their income----now!
  8. Insurance companies lock people into employment by making it prohibitively expensive to get their own insurance policy.
  9. Educational Institutions lock people into employment by selling them the same knowledge for $100,000 that they could get from the library for free.
  10. Companies lock people into employment by urging them to spend all of their future earnings on an “alternative fuel car” so they can use commuter lanes, and at colleges for the meager prospect of a promotion and raise. A raise that they will have to use to pay off the college they had to attend to get the raise.
  11. 401K managers and stock brokers lock people into employment by encouraging them to spend what little disposable income they have on stocks that were sold the day before by the REAL investors who sold it all and made what profit there was to be made on that stock.
and the viscious cycle continues …

40.png
AsStAnselmPrays:
jlw, I agree with you on your last statement. I go to a Catholic school, and the only thing different about it is that we have uniforms, and we celebrate Mass and pray and such.
If the public schools required uniforms, and at least ALLOWED prayer in school, I would submit that school performances would jump almost overnight.

The key to REAL educational reform is the curriculum!! Not money, not classroom size, not teacher salaries.

But emphasizing reading, writing, arithmetic, and biology before psychology, sociology and ecology??

It would put liberals out of business. 😃

40.png
AsStAnselmPrays:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back